water heater low flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ste1148watt

our atwood 10 gal water heater has low water flow. heats the water fine, just low flow.  cleaned it with vinegar solution but no implovement.  Any ideas ?  Replace?,

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Where are you measuring the flow? At a faucet or directly at the tank outlet?  If a faucet, are all faucets the same low flow?  The problem could well be the faucet of the line to it.

Does your heater have a one valve or two valve bypass installed? If so, it has a check valve at the outlet and those can get clogged by minerals (hard water), thus reducing flow or even stopping the flow altogether.  The check valves used in Winnebagos are especially susceptible to this problem.

Rene T

Site Team
ste1148watt said:
Bad check valve. Thanks for the help .
Don't know what part of the country you're in but if don't have any need to winterize your RV, you can just take the check valve out, knock out the internals and put the empty body back in.

Ernie n Tara

Probably not necessary to remove the check valve (I didn't). Do be careful not to throw away the (strange looking) o-ring in the check valve when you throw away the rest of the guts.

Ernie

Moonwink

Rene T said:
Don't know what part of the country you're in but if don't have any need to winterize your RV, you can just take the check valve out, knock out the internals and put the empty body back in.
Probably located in the eastern time zone according to the profile.  There's not much information there.

When my check valve failed, I was able to find a replacement with a brass check instead of that cheap plastic one most come with.  The store had both versions hanging side by side on their display board.

Rene T

Site Team
Moonwink said:
Probably located in the eastern time zone according to the profile.  There's not much information there.

I didn't see anything that referred to the eastern time zone unless I missed something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whatthenobo
Top Bottom