Water heater problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donald John

bought a 2021 winnebago 2108fbs and my water heater keeps blowing the thermocouple when I close the door on the unit.. it works ok when I leave it open.. I think maybe it is getting to hot with door closed..
Any thoughts or ideas?

Not enough information, there.
Which door are you referring to, and how does it "blow the Thermocouple"?
But Yeah, as Rene said, take it back to the dealer while it's still under warranty.

As far as I can tell, the trailer comes standard with a 6 gallon gas electric Suburban water heater. Electronic ignition.

The unit uses a sensing device that creates spark to lite the gas and then varifies a flame. The sensor is connected to the control board.

If the sensor is "blowing" it would require a flame backing up into the ignition area.

I have not seen those new Suburbans but it is possible that a safety thermal couple of some type is behind the cover to protect from fire if the flame backs up through the ignition area and into the area behind the access door.

Make sure there are no obstructions in the water heater so that the flame flows properly.

Dealer appointments are not fun this time of year and will usually take extra time for warranty work.

Be cautious and use the electric option while waiting for service.

One other note.... Running both gas and electric at the same time can cause the high limit to trip. Usually these high limits are manually reset so if that is what is blowing, try only using one heating source.

Last edited:
Please explain "blow the thermocouple". The only actual thermocouple is the ignition sensor (flame detector) and that doesn't "blow" in any way I can think of. If you are referring to the ECO switch or the PT Relief water valve, that's a somewhat different problem than a thermocouple.

Also, please verify the make/model of water heater. Micro Minnie brochure just says "6 gallon DSI water heater". Atwood or Suburban or some other brand?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom