water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mowerman

I have a 2019 Coachman Catalina Legacy Edition. The hot water heater on the gas side is not working. The electric side works fine. Checked the fuses on the floor level panel and breakers, all are fine. I purge the gas line and turn the DSI switch on. Do not see or hear the igniter working. The probes are clean an looks about a 1/8 inch gap. Any ideas ?

It wont fire if the water is already hot.
What brand heater?

I have tried it with just cold water inside the tank. The only way the electric heater will work is when I open the outside door to the water heater and turn it on. the brand name is Suburban

OK. Go outside, open the access door. At the top left you will see approx a 4x4 piece of rubber with 4 buttons molded in. They are to the resets for the upper limit switches. Push them and see what happens. If it still does not fire, take the cover off and look. Its entirely possible the gas side high limit is burned. BTW one is for the 120VAC side, the other is for the gas side. If the gas side is bad, most all RV parts stores will have new switch pack for around 25 dollars.

Last edited:
Look up the furnace diagnostic sequence posted in this forum I will summarize how it applies here

The guide talks about the thermostat calling for heat. (Keep that part)
Then it talks about the blower and sail switch (Delete these parts)
Then it gets into the FLAME ON system.. that's what you need to read
And when the T-Stat says hot enough (Keep that but stop reading at that point)

Furnace, Water heater and with one difference the Fridge Burner systems operate identically
(The difference.... Fridge T-Stat calls for COLD_)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom