Water leak in 2018 Thor Ace 30.3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob1553

Over the weekend I discovered a leak underneath the kitchen faucet in my Thor. Water is leaking around the faucet onto the countertop and underneath the cabinet onto the floor. I can feel water on the water lines underneath the faucet, but I am not sure how to turn off the water if I need to disconnect the lines to remove the faucet. The blue and red plastic lines are dry, but the stainless steel lines into the faucet are wet. Is it sufficient to close the valves next to the hot water heater to cut off the water supply from the water tank and then drain the lines? Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Closing the bypass valves probably won’t work. Just shut the main supply valve outside on the CG spigot.
Did I read your post correctly that you are seeing water around the faucet on top of the counter? If the counter is dry, your problem may be just a loose fitting under the counter. Reach up and try to tighten both hot and cold fittings by hand. Do not use any tools unless the fitting nuts are metal. If they are plastic, using a tool could break the nuts.
If that doesn’t work, you may need to disassemble the fittings and replace the cone shaped seal inside the nuts

Last edited:
The counter and floor are both getting wet. It's not a continuous flow on top and took me a while to even see where the water was coming from. It seems to be leaking more underneath. The fittings from the faucet are metal from the stainless steel lines to the plastic supply lines. This probably sounds dumb, but what is the CG spigot? Is that the valve next to the water pump underneath?

Thanks for your assistance. I finally got up under the sink far enough to see where the leak originates. It's the "hose" line that leads from the base of the faucet, where the hot and cold lines come in, back out to the actual spigot where the water comes out. It looks like something inside the base is leaking, and water is trickling down that line. I'm sure the ultimate solution will be to replace the faucet. As a temporary measure, I turned off the water pump, since we are not using the RV currently, and drained the line to release any pressure. Again, thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom