Water leaks from under belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

printman

I have a forest river camper which overnight developed a major water leak coming from belly. Turned off fillhose and water noise stopped but continued to pur out underneath for quite a while. I went underneath and cut some of the plastic covering and found leak dripping from hole under bathtub. How can I access the city water inlet hoses in that compartment without taking out the tub, which looks like a major job?hen
Water had also leaked onto floor next to tub. Definitely NOT drainage but from incoming city water. Bathtub is sitting on a raised plywood platform and I think leak must be coming from waterline that leads to bath faucet.

I have a forest river camper which overnight developed a major water leak coming from belly. Turned off fillhose and water noise stopped but continued to pur out underneath for quite a while. I went underneath and cut some of the plastic covering and found leak dripping from hole under bathtub. How can I access the city water inlet hoses in that compartment without taking out the tub, which looks like a major job?hen
Water had also leaked onto floor next to tub. Definitely NOT drainage but from incoming city water. Bathtub is sitting on a raised plywood platform and I think leak must be coming from waterline that leads to bath faucet.
i think you answered your own question if the hose from the tank to the taps has fallen off i would first take the taps off to see if that where the leak is (at the top) i would think thats the most likely area especially if the taps were replaced. if its a hole in the tank itself (unlikely as tanks are pretty solid) thats a different issue

My friend had trailer that had a similar problem. The plumbing for the tub was in the wall in the hallway. We cut a hole and fixed the leak then added a 14x14 access door. Lowes and Home Depot sell all sizes of access doors. Hopefully your plumbing is against an interior wall that you can access.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom