Water Pressure Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golden Life

Hello Team,

We have issues with our water pressure in our new travel trailer when hooked up to city water.  We have good hot water pressure in the shower and bathroom sink (after removing the screen cap on the faucet)  I read where I can drill into that gray plastic disc with the small hole to make the hole bigger and increase the pressure.  But, our hot water at the kitchen sink is a trickle of pressure at best.  I'm not sure what I can do to self-tackle that before I just take it back to the dealer and have them evaluate it.  Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Thank you!

Greg, Barbara & Buck

Remove the aerator and check your water flow without the aerator...You may have to clean it out.

Golden Life said:
I'll double check that but the cold water pressure is good in the same faucet.

Greg

If you have good water pressure with the cold then I doubt that's the problem.

I'm going to have to think on this one...Maybe someone else will have some thoughts.

Considering it's a new trailer, the hot water line may have a link in it. Just start at the faucet and start tracing. If not found without having to tear things apart, then make an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at and repaired. Explain to them they have a reasonable set time from the appointment to repair and have the trailer ready for pick up. If you don't press them, they will sit on it for months. You having to wait for "factory approval" is not a valid reason to hold the RV indefinitely in my book. Nor is "waiting on parts".

In the mean time, I would disassemble the hot water valve and see if maybe a rubber washer has broken and clogging up the port or some foreign substance is in there.

Is it hot water only and only at one faucet or
Hot and cold water at ONE Faucet or
HOT water everywhere
Or both Everywhere.

First: Pinched pipe. or clogged pipe. I recently read of a clogged pipe (Did not know that could happen with PEX)
If the 2nd  Clogged aerator on faucet or clogged backflow valve if the faucet is a "Pull out sprayer" type like mine.  The backflow valve is normally in the "Head" right where the hose connects.

Third  Check valve on water heater outlet. Only needed if you have a single valve bypass but some have 'em even with 2 or 3 valve systems.

4th: Pressure regulator (Those el-cheapo "RV regulators that are about the size of a hose coupling are crap) or clogged inlet screen or clogged whole house filter.

When you "drill a larger hole",, you are not increasing PRESSURE,, you are only increasing FLOW at whatever pressure is present.>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom