water pump noise reduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckle823

i have attached the instructions to silence your water pump.

Attachments

• RV Noise Reduction Installation.JPG
    RV Noise Reduction Installation.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for posting that. It's very similar to the way the water pumps on my boat are mounted, but they vibrate and make a heck of a noise that traverses the entire boat. It appears that the vibration is transmitted &/or amplified in/by the nearly-rigid water lines. Seeing the addition of flexible tubing between the pump and the lines in your photos might be the solution I've been looking for.

Gary,

I don't know why I didn't think of the flex line before. When we first had the boat the dealer couldn't figure out the cause of the vibration so the manufacturer flew someone from Florida to our house in CA after I complained to the CEO. When the guy left, everything seemed much quieter, but I didn't realize it was because he'd merely put in a larger accumulator tank. When the pumps kick in they're as noisy as ever.

When I was at the Winnebago factory a couple of years ago, I mentioned the noise and they changed the routing of the flex hose (the coach comes equipped with it), put pipe insulation foam around the flex where it touched anything,  and used a thick piece (1/2 inch or so ) of what appears to be a felt like material as a base. The pump is screwed to the felt and the felt is screwed to the wall of the compartment. It made quite an improvement

Back
Top Bottom