Water Pump One More Time - Wiper Blade - and ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We always like to hear the success stories :)  As you now know, there are fuses in several places in the typical RV and not all are obvious.  It pays to look in every cabinet and closet for hidden things like this.

chaajoad said:
Hi Guys -

To be honest, I'm really frustrated to the point of mild anger that I can't find any manuals for my rig. I've scoured the net and nothing beyond a $10 generic Fleetwood manual which is pretty worthless. I see rigs for sale on ebay showing stacks of manuals that came with it originally (God bless those owners!) and I've easily purchased manuals for cars. Very, very mystifying.!

Danny
Poulsbo WA
99 Bounder 34J

Danny:

I have found extensive service and repair manuals for most of the systems in our coach including the chassis, generator, and furnaces at the manufacturers' or service center web sites. Try Google.

Good luck.

Again, thanks to all ...

I know this SUCH minor stuff to RV vets but these small victories are nice. Guys like Roamer or Ned could step inside and in 10 seconds show me what took me so long to figure out. Honestly, there are no markings on that removeable metal plate that hides the 12 volt fuses. The good news is the water pump now works so hot showers if the power goes out in this week's round of ice cold and wind storms. Bad news - I've drained all the water. Oh well!

BTW - according to the manual and what I've read here, in order to sanitize the freshwater supply, sounds like the tank needs to be drained at least three times. Seems like a waste of precious water. Our thinking is to use bottled water for drinking, coffee, etc. during our weekend jaunts and only use the rig water for bathing. Thoughts?

Also -

Let's suppose the power is out for two weeks - God forbid. But is there anything wrong with draining gray water - not black - directly into the ground if the holding tank fills up? This is only a hypothetical question in case of emergency ...

Thanks -

Danny
Poulsbo WA

chaajoad said:
Again, thanks to all ...

I know this SUCH minor stuff to RV vets but these small victories are nice. Guys like Roamer or Ned could step inside and in 10 seconds show me what took me so long to figure out. Honestly, there are no markings on that removeable metal plate that hides the 12 volt fuses. The good news is the water pump now works so hot showers if the power goes out in this week's round of ice cold and wind storms. Bad news - I've drained all the water. Oh well!

BTW - according to the manual and what I've read here, in order to sanitize the freshwater supply, sounds like the tank needs to be drained at least three times. Seems like a waste of precious water. Our thinking is to use bottled water for drinking, coffee, etc. during our weekend jaunts and only use the rig water for bathing. Thoughts?

Also -

Let's suppose the power is out for two weeks - God forbid. But is there anything wrong with draining gray water - not black - directly into the ground if the holding tank fills up? This is only a hypothetical question in case of emergency ...

Thanks -

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Danny:

We used to carry drinking water when using the m/h occasionally but if you use it regularly you can keep the water stable with a small amount of bleach, it really becomes a question of convienence.

If you are talking about having the RV in your yard when the power is out don't dump your grey water on the ground, there are several ways of draining the grey water.

If you have a sewer cleanout in your garage and it is lower than your holding tank you can buy a cap for your holding tank that has an adapter to connect a garden house that will gravity dump the tank. DO NOT use this for the black tank because it will plug up. If the clean out level is too high there are a couple more choices, a water driven Sewer Solution or an electric macerator pump like the RV Sani-Con will pump waste uphill and are really great for normal dumping. This will allow you to dump your RV at home instead of finding a Dump Station although that isn't hard with Washington's Rest Area dump stations. A simpler choice but more work is a Blue Boy tank that can be used to transfer the waste to your sewer.

Well, nobody is going to give you permission to dump any kind of waste water on the ground. But other experts are going to tell you to maintain sanitary standards for food, dishes, etc. too. So it's up to you to decide what is the lesser of the evils in an emergency. Things like soil conditions, amounts & types of waste in the water, drainage to nearby rivers, lakes or storm drain, etc. should enter into the decision as well.

Just read you post where you found the fuse. Great. I was just getting ready to check with you on comming your way to help you out. We folks here in Washington (State) have got to stick together. Hope your ready for this new storm comming our way. I have my rig ready. *smile* Good Luck. Bud

Gary - Thanks for the reply. I would only do it in a pinch and gray water only. We're not near a major water shed I'm aware of and I think some soapy water would be filtered before it hits my well or any others. But it's nothing that I'm planning on.

Bud - Thanks!!! I'm still in Seattle so the ferry ride home should be interesting. Do you know of any WA state get togethers for folks from rvforum, btw? Just curious ...

Batten down the hatches - this one will be COLD!

chaajoad said:
Do you know of any WA state get togethers for folks from rvforum, btw? Just curious ...

Batten down the hatches - this one will be COLD!

Danny:

Since we get back to the Seattle only once a year I can't help with any Forum mini rallies but if you belong to FMCA there are two very active chapters in the Puget Sound area, the Puget Sounders and the Olympic Snowbirds.

If you are interested email me and I will be glad to provide contacts for both.

At this time, I do not. Although I sent Jeff an email to get the info on the 2 clubs he mentioned in this last post. I am also trying to loacte a club that travels around in their MH's and take their classic cars to shows. Anyone?? Thanks again, Bud

On The Road Again said:
At this time, I do not. Although I sent Jeff an email to get the info on the 2 clubs he mentioned in this last post. I am also trying to loacte a club that travels around in their MH's and take their classic cars to shows. Anyone?? Thanks again, Bud

Bud:

You should have the info by now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom