Water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ngranneman

I dewinterized my camper 1st time today. Ended up having to prime with removing intake hose and putting water in it to start pulling water but before got to this step likely had it on for around 4  minutes before turned off. Seems to be working fine now, but curious on people's thoughts if any damage to unit I should be concerned about or need to watch out for? Also, when sanitizing do you have the bleach combo go through the water tank? Also if slow drip from low points, is this normal or do I need to try to fix (ie use plumber tape)? Also at top of water holding tank is there some type of overflow on it? Got filled up and it came out of a small sprout at top end of tank? I know, lots of questions...t-2 days to first camping trip though!

There should not be a drip from your low point drains
Yes there is an overflow on the fresh water tank

I never sanatized any of the  pipes or tank in 30 ears and three trailers since we only drink bottled spring water

Jack L

ngranneman said:
I dewinterized my camper 1st time today. Ended up having to prime with removing intake hose and putting water in it to start pulling water but before got to this step likely had it on for around 4  minutes before turned off. Seems to be working fine now, but curious on people's thoughts if any damage to unit I should be concerned about or need to watch out for? Also, when sanitizing do you have the bleach combo go through the water tank? Also if slow drip from low points, is this normal or do I need to try to fix (ie use plumber tape)? Also at top of water holding tank is there some type of overflow on it? Got filled up and it came out of a small sprout at top end of tank? I know, lots of questions...t-2 days to first camping trip though!

You may not have winterized it properly and now have broken plumbing causing the drips.  You should not need to prime the pump. You completely fill the fresh water tank and the entire system with bleach water mix.  You don't use plumbers tape to fix anything, if a threaded fitting is assembled then you use Teflon tape or some other compound on tapered pipe fittings.  There should be no water coming from the top of a tank, only out the vent pipe(s).  Any chance you are confusing the water heater with the fresh water tank?

If you ever see the inside of an old water tank or the related pipes, you would sanitize regardless how you use the water.

Let me clarify; the dripping is from the screw on aspect of the low drain points and just don't think it has a good seal, gonna use plumbers tape this evening on the thread and see if that stops it. Not dripping from pip itself, just where pipe meets the cap.

Just bought camper 2 months ago from Camping World, so I didn't winterize. Definitely probably use more antifreeze than they did this next go around but pump currently seems to be working fine was just curious if damage was going to have happened to it if I should notice it already

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom