Water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wrinkles

Hi Guys  I have a 07 winn.38t adv. Camped for 2 weeks about once or twice a day my pump will turn on for  about 3 seconds, best educated guess water leak or pump losing prime. I have checked all connections where possible. I was going to put hose on pump and plug one end, it could be a 12 hr. Wait.

It could be the water pump check valve. If it only does it once or twice a day, I'd leave it alone.
Do you have a tank fill valve? If you do, it maybe leaking by just a little and the water would go right back to your tank.

Most common: if you have one check that your external shower is turned off at the valves and not the sprayer.

Not uncommon:  small leak in the water pump diaphragm.

Thanks Rene,Muddypaws yesterday I took a inspection camera and searched all connections  I could find nothing wet. I believe you are right about pump, or check valve,  it will be a wait and see. Thanks again

As a general rule we always turn off the water heater and the water pump unless we are using them. If something does start leaking I want to be there and awake.

Wrinkles said:
Hi Guys  I have a 07 winn.38t adv. Camped for 2 weeks about once or twice a day my pump will turn on for  about 3 seconds, best educated guess water leak or pump losing prime. I have checked all connections where possible. I was going to put hose on pump and plug one end, it could be a 12 hr. Wait.

I had the same thing. (Still have the same thing, just much less often.) Educated the wife to turn the shower off at the knob and not the spray head. Had a small drip at the incoming water connection, tightened that, and I make sure the water heater is off after evening dishes.

Gizmo100 said:
As a general rule we always turn off the water heater and the water pump unless we are using them. If something does start leaking I want to be there and awake.
Good tip. Also we always turn off the pump or city water when we leave the coach. We got in the habit when we lived on our sailboat - a water leak in a boat while connected to shore water could sink it.

Back
Top Bottom