Water Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoghauler

We had a great time on our first weekend in the Rampage.  Other than my wife releasing the awning lock while I was still reading the rolling up instructions and barely holding onto the strap, we had no mishaps.  (My arm didn't completely pull out of it's socket, but the awning slammed up pretty hard--no damage.) 

We didn't have a water hose hookup, so we were on the pump.  The water flow spurted, almost like when you still have air in the lines--not quite as sparatic--but it did it all weekend.  (On city hookup the air is vented after a few minutes and the flow is steady.)  Is this normal with the pump or is there something I need to check or adjust?

It's normal for the water pump to work like that unless there is an expansion tank in the system or you have one of the variable rate pumps.  Even with our variable rate pump, there is still some variation of the flow rate when running the water.

Oh yes, don't unlock the awning lock unless you have a good grip on the strap :)

The water pump may "pulse" somewhat, but shouldn't really spurt like there is air in the line.  It can take quite awhile to work all the air out when using the pump, tho.

If it is sputtering like there is air in the line it is possible the pump is sucking air somewhere (leak in the inlet hose to the pump)

However if it's just pulsing,, Normal for some pumps

Back
Top Bottom