Water system not pressurizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

Ok I left for a week. Drained and blew my water lines out after opening all faucets and low points. Bypassed my WH. Flushed the toilet under air pressure. Pretty sure all water was out. Even blew out my supply hose. When I came back it was below zero temps for 3 days so I didn't turn my water back on. Why risk it. Anyway I turned on the water last night and had no water in the camper. Disconnected the hose from the hydrant and it was good. Put it back and said maybe tomorrow. This morning I disconnected hose from camper and hose flowed strong. Pushed the valve in the center of the supply connection and some air came out. Air also came out of the toilet on the first flush but not since.

I'm gonna open the low point drains when I get off work because everything else has been open to release any trapped air.

Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Maybe a bad check valve on your water pump and you're filling the freshwater tank? Grasping at straws here. Do you hear water running anywhere? Into the belly? Outside shower?

Not running on the fresh water tank. Running off city water. No I don't hear water running at all.

just throwing out some ideas

You may have some ice blockage in the line...I'm sure your above freezing not but still pretty cold. Hook up the hose and remove the aerator to the closest faucet. leave the water on for a few minutes and see if you can thaw out the ice.

You could try adding water to your holding tank and try flushing out the lines using the on board pump

samthetramp said:
Not running on the fresh water tank. Running off city water. No I don't hear water running at all.

I didn't say you were running off the freshwater tank, I suggested that maybe you were filling the tank through a bad check valve on your water pump. Is there a screen on the city water inlet?

Evidently something was frozen and my dumb ass left the faucet on. We know how that ended up. Sadly that's not the worst of it.

Thanks for the info.

samthetramp said:
Evidently something was frozen and my dumb ass left the faucet on. We know how that ended up. Sadly that's not the worst of it.

Thanks for the info.

Hang in there...It's bound to get back to normal.....or maybe this is normal.

I have experienced air in the pump causing this sort of thing, cycling it on and off a few times letting it sit for a minute while off has fixed it for me.

samthetramp said:

Thanks for the info.

Well don't keep us hangin'. Be like Paul Harvey and tell us the rest of the story. thanks

samthetramp said:

Thanks for the info.

Oh my....  Sadly, I can just imagine. Hope the water was not running out the doors....

We live in Canada, and freezing temps and issues that go with it are commonplace. I came VERY close to the same situation early on. Fortunately, I was still in the unit when the ice unblocked.  This is why I have always used RV antifreeze since that time as opposed to blowing out the lines.

SO sorry for your misfortune...  :-(

Sorry for the delay in answering. Evidently water was trapped somewhere. Came back to the camper Saturday night after work to water coming out of the dining area slide. Luckily,I guess, there was a slight lean to the camper and it all went out 1 of the slides instead of both.

But wait. There?s more.

Within minutes of being in the camper I noticed a faint smell of electrical getting hot. 2 minutes later there was smoke coming from under the kitchen cabinets. I ran outside and killed the power & gas as I called 911. Luckily killing the power stopped everything from getting worse. The socket where the power cord plugs into the camper shorted out completely melting itself and the cord end. It didn?t catch fire but had to be seconds away from it. The amount of smoke rolling inside was crazy.

I?m grateful that this happened while I was awake. It could have been much worse.

Now to start fighting the insurance and warranty people.

Whoa! Not a good start with a new rv :)( I hope everything works out for you. The smoke damage and smell alone is major, not counting fixing the damage from the fire. Maybe you'll get lucky and do an even swap for another rig.

To top it off my truck started having DEF issues that day. It's in the shop now with a blown DEF injector. Part won't be in for a week.

I'm working with some real stand up people that are helping me out while I'm down. I'm alive. That's what matters.

samthetramp said:
To top it off my truck started having DEF issues that day. It's in the shop now with a blown DEF injector. Part won't be in for a week.

I'm working with some real stand up people that are helping me out while I'm down. I'm alive. That's what matters.

WOW!!! You've had enough bad luck all at once to last for the next decade. Glad you are safe. Hope your RV gets rapidly repaired or replaced.

samthetramp said:

The best advise I could give you......Don't buy any lottery tickets.....Your not exactly on a lucky streak  right now.

They'll be fine from now on. The old saying is that things come in three's. They had the flood, the fire now the truck issue. They should be all set for a while.

Ok update on my nightmare. I ifinally got the camper dropped of at Pete?s RV in Schererville, IN. If your in the area these are the people you want to go to. Amazing staff. Anyway Keystone finally approved the electrical repairs under warranty and I have no water damage. So far so good. Can?t wait to be back in my camper. Living out of a motel sucks.

Glad to hear they are taking care of you....Maybe it's time to buy that lottery ticket ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom