Water transfer pump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking a small portable battery like the kind used to start lawn mowers or motorcycles. I was also thinking that the pump would go down by the river and push up.

You told us it was 40-50 feet to the trailer but you didn't tell us the elevation change. How many feet does the water have to travel in elevation?

I was thinking a small portable battery like the kind used to start lawn mowers or motorcycles. I was also thinking that the pump would go down by the river and push up.

You told us it was 40-50 feet to the trailer but you didn't tell us the elevation change. How many feet does the water have to travel in elevation?
Well, the location is 1200 miles away so I haven't actually measured that, plus I will be 2-3 differant locations. I guess I just won't go, but thanks anyhow, appreciate it. LOL

I was asking because if it's only a small amount of elevation you can sometimes just use a siphon.

You can siphon up hill if you rig the hose correctly, you just need to raise the hose up a little more than the elevation climb and make sure the output end has more length than the intake end.

For example if you're trying to get water from a creek that's beside your rig and it's 10 feet down you can run the hose from the creek up to a low branch on a tree beside the creek and then back down to the water inlet and it will suck from the creek and fill the tank.

In order for this to work the amount of hose on the trailer side of the 'peak' has to be longer than the creek side and the hose has to be full to get it started. If you submerge a hose so that it fills and all the air comes out and then you cap it you can then rig it up to the branch and back to the water inlet and when you uncap it the force of the long section from the peak to the RV will flow downhill and suck from the short section that goes to the creek. It's not fast but it will flow and you said speed wasn't a problem.

I may not have explained it right but you can google it and get a better description.

Thank you my friend, I appreciate it!! Thats an ingenious idea, and I definitely see how that could work. The two spots we plan on going I doubt it wold work but again, I definitely see how it would in many places. It's a few months away yet, I will take pics for everyone when it happens. Again, sorry I was a wise guy, I mean that!!

Do a search of solar water pumps. Farms & ranches use them a lot to keep remote water tanks filled for livestock. You might find something that will fill your needs.

Again, thank you everyone for the great ideas. I'm sure most would do the job. I decided to try the Populo Hybrid Pump, it works fantastic!!
Pump comes with Lithium battery or you can use 110. I tried it on the battery, I bet the entire unit doesn't weigh much over 5 lbs. Pumped from 5 gal pail discharged thru 100' 3/4" garden hose. Pushed the water approx 10' elevation! Not sure GPM but had city water filling the pail. Took a long time for city pressure to over flow the pail. I'm very happy, thanks again!!

Will be boondocking in southern Maine mid may for 2-4 weeks then central Maine after that for a while next yr. Need recommendations on small battery operated transfer pump to push/pump water from spring maybe 40-50 ft to trailer. it's ok if it's slow, I really don't care if it takes an hr to pump/push 40-50 gals. Do not want anything heavy. I keep saying pump/push because pump can sit IN the spring and push the water. You can push water a lot farther than pull it.
That is as long as the water isn't still frozen then!!! LOL Thanks.
I apologize for not reading through all of the responses....but perhaps my response can help someone else!

We do a lot of extended boondocking with low temperatures quite often in single digits.

We have an rv pump for our water transfers.....about 3 gpm. It can also serve as a back-up pump if the rv pump should fail!

The pump is wired so it can connect to the truck receptacle plug to rv ( though a 12 volt battery with alligator clips would work well and go where the truck couldn’t go) we keep the water hoses inside the rv to keep the warm and flexible. This system has served us well for 30 years of fall/winter camping! memtb

I apologize for not reading through all of the responses....but perhaps my response can help someone else!

We do a lot of extended boondocking with low temperatures quite often in single digits.

We have an rv pump for our water transfers.....about 3 gpm. It can also serve as a back-up pump if the rv pump should fail!

The pump is wired so it can connect to the truck receptacle plug to rv ( though a 12 volt battery with alligator clips would work well and go where the truck couldn’t go) we keep the water hoses inside the rv to keep the warm and flexible. This system has served us well for 30 years of fall/winter camping! memtb
That sounds great too!! Thanks

I just saw one on that Amazon link made by Populo hybrid pump. It will pump over 150 gallons of water on a single charge. 325 GPH. 45’ max head lift. 20 volt DC or 110 volt AC. Scroll down to the red pump.
That’s what I bought. It is absolutly perfect. Pushing water approx 50’ with a 5-6’ lift. Would push it a lot farther. Have run it off a generator and with the battery. It’s perfect!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom