We are newbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveland

Just bought our first 34' RV and the task of getting it road ready is overwhelming. But we are taking it one step at a time. we are taking a long trip in january and have been taking shorter ones with shorter distances to test the waters.

We are going on a cruise out of port everglades, fl and wondered about parking the RV while on the cruise. I know there is a big parking lot at the port, but are there any other options? does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks alot...pam and mike

Welcome to the RV Forum!  Glad you found us.  Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion.

One has to be cautious about parking an RV in an unattended large parking lot while away fro an extended time.  RV's are targets for break-ins because the bad guys know RV's contain money, and other valuables.

It might be better to find a local campground, where there is security, don;t make a big deal about announcing you'll be away and leave your RV parked there.  Leave some chairs or other accessories out to make it look like you're coming back soon.

I agree with Steve about parking at Port Everglades. They try to keep it safe for cruise customers, but it's in a metro area with a fairly high crime rate and a motorhome is a highly visable target.  On the other hand, we have left a car there when out on a 4 day cruise and had no problems (but that was 15 years ago now).

I also wouldn't enjoy driving the motorhome in the dense traffic that usually exists in that area.  If you have a toad, I would suggest parking the motorhome elsewhere and taking the toad into Port Everglades. Or better yet, a cab.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom