We bought a Class A!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

We traded our TT in last night on a new winnebago class a!  So excited!  No toad yetbut we are headed out monday to okechobee to test it out!  What toads do you like?  I wanted a jeep or mini cooper but jeeps are pricey and mini is not on towable list.

Check out the Dinghy Towing Guides at motorhome.com to see models are towable by year and which appeals to you.

http://www.motorhome.com/download-dinghy-guides/

Also consider dolly-towing as an alternative. Not quite as convenient but almost all front-wheel-drive (FWD) vehicles can be dolly towed.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
What coach year/make/model did you get? Photos?

Gary we got the winnebago intent we had been researching.  Apparently a new model they made to sell reasonably.  A bit stripped down but we are okay without all the bells and whistles.
We pick it up today!

Attachments

• A4A3BF9B-4476-4996-9292-6E2AA96FFB61.jpeg
    A4A3BF9B-4476-4996-9292-6E2AA96FFB61.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 65
Congrats on the new rig.
Finding a Flat towing car that doesn't weigh 4000 lbs + is becoming a challenge. With many cars going to CVT transmissions that seems to make them not flat towable. When I was a newbie I was advised not to get a tow dolly - too much of a hassle. I'm glad I heeded that advice.

I ended up getting a used '14 Honda CR-V. After '14 Honda went with the CVT trannies. You'll probably find more selection in the used market for flat tow capable cars. Back issues of the FMCA towing guide will be your friend.

Congratulations Peggy, it looks great. May you have many happy years in it exploring, making wonderful memories and hunting scorpions  ;D

Safe travels!

We like our 2013 Sonic as a toad.  Lightweight (2700 lbs) and flat towable.  Blue Ox makes towbar to fit frame.

Bill

jackiemac said:
Congratulations Peggy, it looks great. May you have many happy years in it exploring, making wonderful memories and hunting scorpions  ;D

Safe travels!

Lol  i have already made a few inquiries about critters coming in!  We have never had slides before!

Peggyy said:
Lol  i have already made a few inquiries about critters coming in!  We have never had slides before!
We haven't had any trouble with ours except a small leak so make sure the rubber is properly out if you can and stay level...

Back
Top Bottom