We did IT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CapnD

After two years of studying and cussing and discussing motorhomes we found ourselves at Lazydays in Tampa.  The motorhome we wanted ,but were afraid to buy was waiting for us.  We bought a Tiffin 37 Allegro Bay FRED.  We made our first trip from Tampa to Pensacola where we live.  We put the RV in the driveway overnight until the next evening when the doorbell rang and one of the members of the home owners association came to inform me we were in violation of the rules of the subdivision.  I not so politely told her to kiss my grits and get off my property.  Made my blood boil.  I new the rule but wanted to spend a couple of days playing with our new toy.  It is now in a storage yard until next weekend when we go on our first official excursion.  Lazydays was Super, Our sales person Cindy Bell, was well informed and aided us in every step of the transection.  So far through 400 miles the FRED is getting 11 MPG. The noise level is low enough that I can hear just fine even though I am hearing impaired.

Welcome to the RV Forum and congratulations on the Allegro. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Congratulations on the new coach. We've heard nothing but good things about Tiffin products and customer support.

IIRC you're the first person to mention having bought a FRED, so we'll be interested to hear about your experiences with this coach.

Sorry to hear about the homeowners issue. We had a similar issue with a small boat trailer in our side yard (no boat on it) which was barely noticeable from the street. Reluctantly, I fenced in our side yard to comply with the "no more than 10% visible from the street" rule. Not so easy to do with a motorhome.

CapnD, grats on the Tiffin!  Your two years of research was well rewarded, IMO, as Tiffin is an excellent company.

Before we began fulltiming, we were fortunate that our community had no covenants.  the only restriction was a county restriction that no motorhomes could be parked in front of the house.  they had to be parked on the side or the rear.  We were lucky that we had a driveway that went up to the side of the t=house.,  But that did not stop an anonymous neighbor from calling the county and generating a visit from the county inspector.  He passed us with flying colors but, of course, would not reveal the name of the sneaky neighbor.  ;D

Congrats on the new unit...bummer on not being able to see it every day!

Hi CapnD,

Congratulations on the new coach. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't you just love those Home Owner's Associations?? We live in Titusville at The Great Outdoors. We, too, have a lot of rules one of which is no two RVs on the same lot. There's always someone more than ready to complain about a minor violation instead of asking what are the intentions. :(  We had forum friends staying on another friend's lot with a house who didn't have an RV at the time. They hadn't been parked there more than a couple of hours when the owner was told they had too many cars on the lot (we're only allowed two and there were three). Fortunately the owners had a place to move one of theirs.

I will never again live anywhere that they have stupid rules.  I am trying to sell this place as of yesterday.  My neighbor across the street has his in the back yard and when they complained to him he said " so take me to court"  I don't have the luxury of putting mine in the back yard or I would join him.  I want to move further south anyhow.  Found a minor problem with my new baby today.  The owners manual says that the key must be off to retract the slides.  All four of mine won't retract unless the key is in the on position.  Can be running or not as long as it is in on position.  I am going to the factory in 3 weeks and will find out what is up?  I suspect something is wired backward.  I can just see my grand child pushing a button on his way to the bathroom.  :mad:

Thanks for the welcome everyone. 

CapnD,

I've seen coaches that require the key to be on and others, sometimes within the same manufacturer, require the key to be off. There may be nothing wrong with your system but it will be good to get it checked out anyway.

If you move to Florida be sure not to get into a planned community. They all have rules and some are very stupid. You'll have to buy land in the "country" to not have the rules. That's probably fairly true for any state where there is a large growth in the population. Most planned communities are now governed by a Home Owners Association or other similar boards.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on you purchase of the new Allegro.  I'm on my second Allegro and have had good service from both of them.  Tiffin is a great company to deal with and have been very helpful to me over the years.  I will be shopping for a third when I get close to retirement and have already looked at the Allegro FRED.  I will follow with interest as you learn how it performs in the coming months and years.  Again, congratulations, and enjoy!

Dan

I just did it too.....have been rving for 30 years, but just traded up to a 40' Diesel pusher.....big step....lot's of $$$$, but am looking forward to traveling around the country.  Waited until I retired and could use it.  Good luck with yours...ENJOY IT!

Back
Top Bottom