We put a deposit down today on a new Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irvsiegel

? ?Details:? 2007 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N.? Sale price $78,100 (plus $395 dealer prep).? Purchased from Sun Coast RV in Jacksonville, FL.? Salesman:? Craig Luken.? Color:? Sage? Mileage:? 980.? Optional equipment:? Workhorse chassis 8.1L eng, Fantastic Power Roof Vent, 3-burner cook top w/oven, convection microwave, DVD/VCR combo, Dual A/C w/5KW Generator upgrade, dual auxilary batteries, day/night shades, exterior wash unit, elec levelers - 4pt man wkhrs, rear vision camera, remote/htd exterior rear view mirrors.? We're also getting a $25 gift certificate good for any parts/accessories/camping items that we purchase from their store *and* a 15% discount for anything purchased from their store or parts department in the next 90 days.? We also get a free night of camping at their campground in Georgia.? Also, they will sell me the Demco Kar Kaddy SS for $3000, assembled and installed.? We will get our walk-through tomorrow and drive it away on Saturday.? We will bring it back on Monday to fix any glitches and to get the Kar Kaddy.

? ?Craig was very easy to deal with and we enjoyed negotiating with him.? We trust him and recommend him to any RV buyers in the Jacksonville area.? (I think that he just handles motorhomes and not towables.)

Irv (whose wife is smiling from ear to ear, and that's a bonus worth more than all of the above)

Glad you finally found a dealer who could offer you the product you want plus a pleasant buying experience. As you say, that grin is worth every penny!

We just completed a transaction ourselves at Lazy Days in Seffner, FL and it too was quite smooth and pleasant - a far cry from our previous experience there. Maybe it was just better luck or maybe it was a result of the VIP treatment that goes with the purchases of a luxury coach.  Whichever it was, we are happy customers.! Salesman was/is Brent Harmon, who I heartily recommend to all.

Congratulations!  Sounds like a good deal.  We bought from SunCoastRV in Cocoa in September and have been happy with them.

Congratulations on the Fiesta. I'm sure you and your wife will have many years of fun and travel in it. Keep smiling.

Enjoy
Wendy

Irv - Great news. It will be a fun Christmas for you and yours!!! Here's to many happy - and safe - miles!

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Howdy, Irv.
Congratulations and Mazel Tov with your new coach. Sounds really nice and please upload some photos of it.

Happy Trails,
Liz and Jack

Congratul;ations.  Glad to hear you found the right coach for you and a deal you are happy with.  I am sure you will enjoy it.

? ?We went with Craig's suggestions for the insurance and financing.? Insured through Gilbert RV Insurance (888) 784-6787.? Sun Coast's finance person set us up with Wachovia Bank:? 20 years @ 6.99% with zero down.? In both cases the rates were as good or better than quotes I had got elsewhere.

? ?Thanks to everyone for your help and your good wishes!

Sincerely,

? ? ?Irv

29er said:
Is this the same or similar coach that "I was really looking forward to buying" as noted in your "honest salesmen" post? That was a quick change of mind. What say you?

I discovered that the Fleetwood Fiesta LX is exactly the same as the Fleetwood Terra LX except that it's offered in different colors!  Since I was really looking forward to buying a Fleetwood Terra LX, it was very easy for me to look forward to buying a Fleetwood Fiesta LX.  My wife actually likes this color (Sage) better than the Mocha Java Terra (hmmm, sounds like a drink at Starbucks) that we had been looking at.  The only option that this coach doesn't have that the Terra had is Satellite Radio, which I didn't particularly want anyhow.  The price was about $850 less, about half of that because of the lack of the Satellite Radio and the other half because the dealer offered us a better deal.  Also, the dealer is right here in Jacksonville and not 80 miles away in Brunswick, GA.  Add to that the fact that the salesman was courteous and honest, and there was no choice.  Buy the RV!

It's common for essentially the same coach to be sold under different names. Manufacturers create multiple brand names to get around dealer franchising restrictions. And where the manufacturer has bought up other brands, it is common to then use common components and designs to reduce overall costs.

29er said:
Irv: Your honesty is refreshing. You got what you (& wife) wanted. It was a good deal for you and the dealer. Congratulations.

? ?Thank you very much!? I really appreciate all of the wonderful guidance that I've received from you and others on this Forum.? It really helped us in our search for our first Class A RV.? (We've only had a Class B in the past, and while we loved it, it was just too small for us.)

? ?I'm typing this from the KOA Campground in Valdosta/Lake Park, Georgia, where we're spending our first night in our new Fiesta LX.? Best of all, we've got two nights here for FREE, courtesy of Sun Coast RV!? And the Wi-fi is free as well!? After our two nights here, we're heading back to Jacksonville on Monday for installation of our Demco Kar Kaddy SS and to fix any glitches that we uncover on our shakedown cruise.? So far, there's been only one, discovered by the mechanic who did our walk-around prior our accepting delivery.? He said that the rear vision camera should automatically turn on when the gear selector is put into reverse, but that didn't happen.

? ?On Friday, December 8, we'll be headed back to California, primarily along I-10.? We're open to suggestions for places to camp along that route.? We want to travel no more than 400 miles in one day.? Thanks again to everyone for the great opinions and advice we've received here.

Sincerely,

? ? Irv? (By the way, if you spell my name out loud it announces to the world what my #1 recreational activity happens to be.)

Attachments

• FW18437B.jpg
    FW18437B.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 59
Nice looking rig, Irv.

Slow down - 400 miles per day is a lot. Even when we are really trying to cover ground we rarely exceed 350. Our typical day is more like 250. That way driving the motorhome is a pleasure rather than a chore.

irvsiegel said:
On Friday, December 8, we'll be headed back to California, primarily along I-10.  We're open to suggestions for places to camp along that route.  We want to travel no more than 400 miles in one day.  Thanks again to everyone for the great opinions and advice we've received here.

Irv

Congratulations on the new coach. You should get many miles of happiness from it.

Long distance travel, specially along an Interstate is too difficult to recommend overnite stays, too many variables. You could get tired early one day or just want to continue sailing along the next. Wind and weather could affect your mileage covered. You should carry with you a copy of Trailer Life or Woodalls and as the day nears a close start looking up the better rated campground near where you are or look for a local Wal-Mart :D

If you would be stopping overnite in the western side of Phoenix, give us a holler and we'd love to get together with you. We are just north of I-10 exit 126
Email me if you would like our phone number.

Bernie  When do you expect to return to Goodyear.  Smoky is getting antsy for someone to show up. 

Sorry  I thought you were on the Road.    We're just a few miles from you.  We go to Goodyear quite often.  Don't know why I thought you were on the road.  Love the lea Market down there/.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom