Welcome John Maguire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
I see John has just joined us.  Been a long time since we have heard or seen you.  Let me be the first to Welcome you to the RV Forum Community.  Really glad to see you here.

Ron said:
I see John has just joined us.? Been a long time since we have heard or seen you.? Let me be the first to Welcome you to the RV Forum Community.? Really glad to see you here.

So Ron,
How do you "See"? that John has arrived?? Is this my same JM friend who drinks wine by the fire and scraped his awning on th little building on the way out of the park by our cabin?? Just checking for his authencity.? Glad to be in touch.

Betty Brewer

I noticed Johns name in the key stats box when he was the latest member.  Yes this is the John and Judy Maguire that some of us have had the privilege to meet and know for several years.  I hadn't heard about the scrape of the awning.

Well John Maguiire, welcome to the new RV Forum!  We're happy to see that you have found us and hope to see you participating on a regular basis.

DonJordan said:
Well John Maguiire, welcome to the new RV Forum!? We're happy to see that you have found us and hope to see you participating on a regular basis.

Don..How are the roads going in and out of Fort Bragg area?

Dave and Teresa said:
Don..How are the roads going in and out of Fort Bragg area?

All are at least partly mountainous.? Coming from the south headed north on US-101 CA-128 from Cloverdale through the Anderson Valley is very nice.? There is a pretty steep climb out of Cloverdale but otherwise the road is excellent.? You hit the coast between Point Arena and Mendocino and have a very interesting drive up CA-1, a scenic coast drive.? It is about 77 miles from Cloverdale to Fort Bragg via this route.

A different route would be from Williits on US-101 direct to Fort Bragg via CA-20.? It is only 33 miles from Willits to Fort Bragg but they are pretty much all winding, steep miles.? Most folk come this way as it is shortest and quickest.? We have a 40 foot diesel pusher with a towed car and I regularly make the drive in approximately 1 hour.? Don't try to push it - take your time and gear down for the grades either up or down and you should have no trouble.? There are quite a few hair-pin curves with 15 mph speed limits.? Watch for logging trucks and be sure to pull over and allow following traffic to get by you whenever you get more than one or two cars dogging your tail? ;D.

If you are coming from the north down US-101 there is a route from Leggit to Fort Bragg that is fine for cars but questionable for large coaches, 5th Wheels, etc.? Part of the route is far more winding and steep than the CA-20 route out of Willits and is heavily traveled by logging trucks.? I did it once and never will again.? However, it saves about 40 or so miles compared with continuing south to Willits and then taking CA-20.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don

Back
Top Bottom