Well, we bought one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave95.1

We just got home with our first RV.  We ended up buying a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer on a Workhorse chassis with 16,000 mi. and 2 slides.  It's a very clean unit for an '01, the couple kept it shedded when not in use. 

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for having all this information out here.  We're new to this, but learned enough to get started just browsing around here.  I'm sure I'll have some questions, but right now we'll continue to browse.

Thanks again,

Dave

Dave,

Congratulations on the Adventurrer. Hope you'll have many happy trips. Also hope you'll stick around to share some of your experiences.

congrats on the purchase of the unit.  Now  I won't do you a dang bit of good if you leave it sit. So get out and use it and keep us informed.  Good luck.

Congrats on the Winnie Adventurer - we know several folks who own them and all seem quite happy.

Now as Shayne says, get out there an start Adventuring!  ;D ;D ;D

We did break it in last night.  It was in the driveway, but we still had a good time.  Invited the neighbors over and grilled up some burgers. Sat inside telling lies and having a few adult beverages.

We're having some issues getting it tagged and I want to check it over and make sure all the maintenance(sp?) items are taken care of before we go anywhere with it.  Also need to get sewer hose and other necessary items picked up.

We got our loan thru Bank of America and they sent the title and sales tax directly to the state.  Apparently that is not the way to handle it in Kansas.  Our local tag department won't give us a tag until they have title in hand and have collected sales tax there.  So right now we are tracking down a title and $4500 worth of sales tax to give to the tag department.

Depending on the law in your state you might be able to drive it for a month or so on the paper tag given to you by the dealer, if you bought from a dealership.

Another tip:
Make your first trip close to home so that any problems that arise don't catch you too far away.

Woody

Congratulations on the Winnie. We also had a few problems in Colorado when we bought our Winnebago Sightseer in Washington....Washington didn't handle the paperwork the way Colorado wanted it handled. However, we live in a small town and the local county treasurer was very obliging, issuing us more than one temporary tag until all the paperwork was worked out. The sales tax was a big ouch, though.

Enjoy!

Woody said:
Depending on the law in your state you might be able to drive it for a month or so on the paper tag given to you by the dealer, if you bought from a dealership.

Bought from an individual so no temporary tag.

wendycoke said:
Congratulations on the Winnie. We also had a few problems in Colorado when we bought our Winnebago Sightseer in Washington....Washington didn't handle the paperwork the way Colorado wanted it handled. However, we live in a small town and the local county treasurer was very obliging, issuing us more than one temporary tag until all the paperwork was worked out. The sales tax was a big ouch, though.

Enjoy!

Yes, sales tax is a big ouch.  Our town is fairly small too, but I've had more than one run in with the people in the tag department here.  They all have the attitude that you HAVE to go thru them instead of the attidude OHHH, your tax money pays my salary.  I actually checked into tagging it in Nebraska using my sister's address, but price was about the same so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom