Wendy, hope all is well!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Hi Wendy and Mike!

6am here in El Mirage AZ, and 37 degrees outside.  Got the propane furnace running (too cold for the heat pumps), the tank heat pads on, the basement blower running, and watching "Mike and Mike in the Morning".

Sitting here warm as toast and then suddenly we see a flash on Denver.  Talk about how the Broncos might not be able to practice today as one of the worst snow storms in Denver history blows in.  The photos on TV look terrible.

Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you guys and hope all is well with you there and that you guys are safe and sound.  We even took a moment and said some prayers for your safety.

Smoky and the Admiral

Just read a news article where a state of emergency has been called for Denver.  4,800 people are stranded at the airport.  The National Guard is hauling food, water, and baby formula to the airport.  Apparently this is a really serious condition, and not just at the airport but all over.  Thousands of people stranded on the roads.  Difficulties transporting medical emergencies and all sorts of things. 

We are adding to our prayers.

Smoky:

37 Degrees!!!!

We leave Honoluolu on the 27th for Surprise, please get it warmed back up. ;D

Jeff the news this AM here stated that somewhere in Goodyear the temp was 25    here at our place at 7AM it was 34.  Sure beats those temps in ILL

Denver is all over the news here in Lost Wages too, and also the fact that another storm is on the way.  Freezing temps at night here, not enough to concern me but freezing non the less.  I have aux heat (light bulbs) in the wet bays and both propane and electric heat here inside the rig so I'm toasty.

But the 3" of snow we had melted before I saw it... I like snow that melts first and asks questions later :)

Hi Smoky,

Thanks for the prayers. We're safe and sound, albeit cold, in Death Valley. Did get a skiff of snow in Las Vegas before we left there (Henderson got 3") and there's still snow on the ground in Beatty, Nevada. And this a.m. when I got up it was 32, up from a low of 29....welcome to the warmest place in the Northern Hemisphere  :D

Checked the weather back home and the storm that beat up Denver was a front range storm...left our SW corner unscathed. Reminds me of the Christmas storm of 1982 when we spent Christmas in the old Denver airport....much worse than this one because there were no cars, trucks, buses, or taxis running in town so once we flew into the airport, we were stuck. Also no food anywhere in the airport. Finally got a ride with a brave soul who made it in to Stapleton and gave us a ride to the train station.....planes couldn't fly but the train had no problem getting us out of Denver and on to southern California.

See you in Quartzsite.
Wendy, Mike and Sam
Cold in Death Valley but out of the snow

Oh Wendy!  We are so glad you guys are safe and sound!  We were quite worried.

I am determined some day to visit Death Valley.

It rained here today!  Real rain!  I do not know how much, but some of our streets had a bit of flooding.  Never seen so much rain in AZ!

Death Valley is an amazing place. You either hate it or it gets in your blood and you love it. We're in the "love it" category. Be sure to find your way here some day.

I am certain I will love it.  Good places for the dog to run?

Hpe you are still there as I am seeing another storm headed to Denver.

Boy I can hardly wait for NFL football this weekend.  I think I am hoping for an Arizona upset this week . ;Do

Smoky:

The real game will be Sunday night when da Bears (remember them?) take on the Pack!

C'mon over. ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Smoky:

The real game will be Sunday night when da Bears (remember them?) take on the Pack!

C'mon over. ;D

Jeff

Tomorrow evening the Lake Pleasant group will congregate in our coach to watch "da Game". I could use some help, the cheeseheads outnumber us, Karl and the Reiters against Marlene and me ;D

By the time the pack and the furry creatures play, we will be enjoying the Raven win and wondering which of the NFC contestants will have the nerve to face the best defense in football in the Big Show!  ;D

Back
Top Bottom