West Yellowstone Campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last time I checked Grizzly was about November, and at that time they were quoting $82 per night for 2018 rates. I was shocked when I saw the price jump to $95-99. It was suggested to me that if I wanted to camp in Jackson, go to the Virginian. I checked out their website and found they charged $110 per night and immediately crossed them off my list. Now, same with Grizzly. I don't care how nice a park is; there is no park worth that kind of nightly fee. This is pure and simple price gouging because they know in the summertime, most sites will be full and they can demand any price they want.

But this is also why I have already made reservations at nearly every RV park we will stay at during our 3 month trip that won't begin until June. If you wait until the last minute, the prices will go up even higher in many cases.

Wow, it's a lot more expensive. They might be cashing in on the fact that Fishing Bridge is closed this year too. Still, supply and demand I guess....

Double WOW!!  I was just there last June and paid $68.26, including tax.  I am shocked at their price increase.  They obviously need more competition than this new, small campground. 

Have a look at the sites on here, some options for you:

https://www.campendium.com/montana/west-yellowstone

I know of a few very nice boondocking spots in the national forest, just outside of Cooke City. They are convenient while we're doing the northeast section of the park. Our favorite is a large clearing tucked into the woods, jist 1/4 mile off of the highway. It even has open range cattle that come by and entertain our cats.

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom