Western Wilderness 11' Alpine SK camper manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sliderman

Hello,

I'm looking for manuals for our older Western Wilderness 11' Camper. It's an Alpine SK 4 season camper with AC. I think it's late 80s or early 90s.

Since they went out of business a long time ago I doubt you will find much.

RV manufacturers generally don't waste time producing manuals. Newer models seem to, in some cases have decent manuals, but many are just a few sheets of paper with generic instructions printed on them as to how to dump tanks or apply electrical power. The manuals you really need are for the appliances and other devices in the RV. Make a list of appliances, such as water heater, stove, fridge, furnace, etc., and note the brand and EXACT model number. Web searches will begin to turn up these manuals, which are installation and operation manuals.

Charles

Sliderman,
Charles is correct, the only thing he left out is that you should start with a loose leaf binder, and when you find something, print it, punch it, and put it in the binder. There is a lot of material about older RV stuff on the web put there by the owners groups. Take advantage of this.
Put a few blank pages in the front for any notes that might matter.
Draw your own wiring and plumbing diagrams as you go along.
I had to do this from some prior RVs.
Matt

In another thread I made THIS POST where I suggested......

First off, look inside all of the wardrobe doors and see if there isn't an equipment list with the make and model of all the appliances. My Winnebago, Thor and Bigfoot all had equipment lists glued inside the wardrobe door.

And guess what? The OP in that thread went and looked and here is what he found...........

build-sheet-1pg-jpg.151204

If you don't have something like this, you will have to open up each appliance to find the ID sticker so you can get the exact model number from it. Once you do that you can search for the install/operation manuals and for some things you will also find the Service manuals, parts break downs, etc. In the other thread Gary gives a couple of links where you stand a good chance of finding the manuals, but Google will usually turn up something too.

I always suggest saving them to a clean thumb drive and don't put anything else on it except for manuals and related information. Carry it with you so you can use a laptop to access it during your travels.

Western Wilderness eventually became Alpenlite

Here is an old WW brochure, scroll down to find the 11 ft model. http://countrymotorhomes.com/fordcamper/brochure.pdf

Charles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom