What are these switches for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RNS

These switches are located near sink. The small Atwood is near generator switch and the larger one is above sink. Unit is a 2002 Fourwinds 31RB class C. The large one light will stay on. The Atwood comes on a little bit and shuts back off. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_151909814.jpg
    IMG_20220516_151909814.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20220516_151934221.jpg
    IMG_20220516_151934221.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The Atwood is likely the propane side of the water heater, as donn says. The other one, what little can be seen, kinda looks like a standard household switch, but may well be for the water pump, as John suggests. But the picture is sufficiently indistinct, because of the viewing angle, that it's tough to be sure. Perhaps if you moved the paper towels out of the way and got a "head on" view of that top switch it might make things a tad more clear (or not).

Try operating them to see what happens, but be sure that you have water in the fresh water tank and that the water heater has water in it before throwing either switch, just to be sure you don't burn out the electric element in the water heater if that's what one of them does. You might also want to be sure that the propane tank is turned on and the stove lights.

Found the household type switch is for the electrical side of the water heater in conjunction with the switch on the back of the water heater. When I get some propane I believe the other is for the gas side of water heater.

Found the household type switch is for the electrical side of the water heater in conjunction with the switch on the back of the water heater. When I get some propane I believe the other is for the gas side of water heater.
Hinsight is 20/20. I was gonna guess that exact thing but must have got distracted before I wrote a post.

The second photo looks exactly like my Atwood water heater propane on/off panel.

Back
Top Bottom