What components am I missing? Time crunch solar install.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaostactics

20230202_115224 (1).jpg
20230202_115229 (1).jpg

20230202_115233 (1).jpg

Top of the diagram.jpg
bottom solar plans.jpg

I was sold the Victron components as "everything I would need" to get set up. Along with 600w of panels (200w x 3 Bouge RV) and 300 mAh LifePO (1 x 300 Ampre time). I'm following the wiring diagram above except no DC/DC circuit as its an RV and not a camper van.

I have all the wiring, fuses, and mounting stuff. I just mean to get the Victron set up programmed and functional. My laptop does not have an ethernet port.

What more will I need to get this system programmed and going? I am really hoping to get on the road this upcoming Sunday.

THIS should get you going.

the 100/50 and the shunt can be setup with the bluetooth application ( Victron Connect )
you will need to set the 100/50 for lithium batteries, the rotary switch set to position 7 should be lithium.
better though to setup with the app..

THIS should get you going.

the 100/50 and the shunt can be setup with the bluetooth application ( Victron Connect )
you will need to set the 100/50 for lithium batteries, the rotary switch set to position 7 should be lithium.
better though to setup with the app..

Tank you for your kind help as always. Noted on the charge controller. I will go do that now. That website was interesting however the differences between the multiplus 2000 and the unit he is writing about are vast.

That looks really complicated for only three solar panels and one battery.

System design is an individual's choice. Bells and whistles are not for everyone, but not every one's energy needs are the same.

For my needs, I built a simple solar system with 2 panels plus controller (Renogy 200W kit for $250), one $40 shunt (AiLi), 2 GC2 batteries from Sams Club ($200 for both) and I built a disconnect box (home Depot $10) with switches and fuses that I bought from O'Reilys ($20).

I could add a bluetooth app to my phone but I don't need it. My shunt display tells me all I need to know.

I don't have an inverter but I own a Yamaha EF2000is generator for when I need 120 VAC and have no hookups. I do have a small 200W unit for the cell phones and tablets.

Back
Top Bottom