What cool item did you install on camper or cool thing you use while camping.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

I got a Raspberry Pi computer and put all of our movies, music and photos on it. It is about the size of a deck of cards and has replaced boxes of CDs/DVDs. Costs about $50 plus storage media. I recently upgraded from thumb drives to a 1 TB hard drive, which I got on Amazon for $44.

john owens

Added a total of 5 type 31 AGM batterys and 4 solar panels on the roof.Dishwasher.Wynegard traveler auto satellite dish. Stagecoach style shotgun for safety ;D

SMR

did an outdoor kitchen- sink with water and sewer, electric skillet and convection oven. my DW really likes it, she prefers to cook outside.

jackiemac

Site Team
GaryA said:
All these cool items are cool.  I'm not a curmudgeon but I hate it when fellow campers leave any or all of their lights on during the night.  Including front porch lights, rope light, etc.  Wow, I feel better to get that off my chest. :)

If you are outside in the dark trying to do some stargazing, those lights sure get in the way.  ;D

Kalam

I noticed the solar-powered lights and immediately decided to take them on a camping trip. Of course, it`s clear that these lamps will be more of a decoration than a full-fledged lighting fixture, but I really wanted to add a little comfort. Of course, it was foolish to expect any bright light from such fixtures; they shone very dimly. Then I found front porch lights online, they were of higher quality, and they have a long lifespan. So if you want lighting, I advise these. Especially if you plan to use it not just for camping.

Ex-Calif

Welcome aboard Kalam.

4 1/2 year old thread but I'll play a round. The best recent addition is a solar powered security light. I mounted it on the door of my RV. With the old dim porch light I could never see any visitor outside at night and in fact I was lit up and in perfect frame.

This LED light has tons of lumens, maintenance free and I can now easily see anyone approaching the door.

Something like this one -

FunSteak

Ooooh, I love zombie threads! ;-)

My two current favorites are a Level Mate Pro (I just LOVE this thing, especially since we don't have jacks and level on blocks), and, as simple as it sounds, replacing the incandescent porch light bulb with an amber LED. Much more comfortable light, and probably 20% or fewer bugs than before. Simple little thing, but made a big difference!

bzerull

All these cool items are cool. I'm not a curmudgeon but I hate it when fellow campers leave any or all of their lights on during the night. Including front porch lights, rope light, etc. Wow, I feel better to get that off my chest. :)
I like the lights, but I agree with you. I use solar battery powered lights that offer similar affects with a lot dimmer lights.

UTTransplant

The resurrection-ist of this thread is located in England and has only this one post. Since it is a link, he/she is probably posting only to get traffic to the site. Always best to ignore such things.

JayArr

Articulated shower curtain rod for more room.

Replaced the stock peg-leg on the dining table with a center post and a new cleat on the wall, this doesn't sound like much but it made the table rock solid and we don't stub our toes anymore.

FunSteak

The resurrection-ist of this thread is located in England and has only this one post. Since it is a link, he/she is probably posting only to get traffic to the site. Always best to ignore such things.

Probably, but in this case, it's a useful and interesting topic, IMHO.

gwinger

We have a toy hauler that has side couches/beds that fold up. Pretty much useless when trying to relax or watch tv. We bought 2 Zero Gravity chairs and a small table in between. Leave the couches up and recline, just like at home.

CharlesinGA

How very true!

The VBulletin software used by the RVLife forums will post a warning when you are trying to reply to an old thread. I wished all forum software used this.

Old Thread Warning
exclamation.gif

This Thread is more than 4690 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.
☐ I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

Top Bottom