What cool item did you install on camper or cool thing you use while camping.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triple Slide Jayco

With alot of cool or WOW items out in the world, what have you done.?

A cool game for yourself and kids.?

A cool gadget you installed that made camping cool or gives the camper that WOW when people see it.?

Outside the FW: A DIY Bumper with 4 Red LED DRL's and 35w LED Backup lights.

Inside the FW: A 40" LED TV w/Sound Bar. 3 Additional LED lights in the Bathroom ceiling. A 1200w (switched) Heater, built into the bathroom Vanity.

To name a few ?

Had a local company that manufactures boat covers, make a custom fifth wheel skirt to go around the front of our 5vr. We call it the garage. We store a ton of stuff under there. Similar to this except much better. Custom fit.
I would highly recommend it for anyone spending quite a bit of time at one spot.  Similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Adco-3503-5th-Wheel-Skirt/dp/B005JQAGSG

Pugapooh said:
Led lighting strip under the awning.

My Impact Fuzion 303 came with the LED lights built in with the awning.  I thought...OK, that's cool, but no big deal.  Well, the first time out, I quickly realized that when those lights are on outside, and the "porch light" isn't on, all the bugs that fly around at night are over at the awning lights and not around my door to go in and out of the camper.  So from that perspective, it's a valuable thing to have, especially if you want to try and keep the flying insects out of the camper when you go in and out after dark.

One of the really handy/techie type items that I've installed on the Toy Hauler (34 1/2' tow behind) is a LevelMate Pro system.  It really makes setting up and getting level, very easy!

400 Amp hours (AH) of Lithium batteries and 650 watts of solar panels. 

On our trip to Alaska in 2016 we spent 137 out of 139 days without hooking up to electric.  All boondocking or dry camping.

The best purchase I've made for my camper was the Anderson Levelers. I also installed a big level on the pin box that I can see through my rear view mirror.

I put the levelers in front of the tires, then pull the trailer forward until it's level. It takes about a minute to get everything leveled and chocked. They are the best investment I have made for the trailer.

I plan on upgrading all the exterior lighting to LED's, adding an air ride pin box, converting to the 4-step entry stairs, and will then start on the inside!

All these cool items are cool.  I'm not a curmudgeon but I hate it when fellow campers leave any or all of their lights on during the night.  Including front porch lights, rope light, etc.  Wow, I feel better to get that off my chest. :)

Our first TT had the typical outside access under the front queen bed but only had a door on one side and was not accessible from inside. I built an 8' deep drawer so I could use the whole space. I made it with a hinged leg that would prop it up (fairly) level when fully extended. I also installed a baggage door to access the dead space under the rear bunk.

A hammock with built in mosquito netting. 

Afternoon outdoor naps, swinging beneath the trees are wonderful.

X2 on the Anderson Levellers - but that one's already taken, so instead I'll go with my Camco Wave 6 Catalytic Heater.  I like boondocking and I like coolish weather, and it keeps things cozy in our TT without pulling any electricity.

Acu-rite digital refrigerator thermometer bought at Amazon. "Cool" readings for freezer and fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom