What Did You Do To Your RV This Week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to travel in it, drove about 350 miles yesterday, had an intermittent odd noise from the engine, which I am trying to figure out, and last night while my wife was taking her shower the water pump stopped working for unknown reasons (cycling the power switch got it to start up again, then it did it a second time this morning), thankfully we are now at a full hookup sit for the next several days, and I carry a spare 12V water pump.

Installed the new 400W inverter today. 15 minute job. Gave the vanity area a good scrub up.

Got the power washer up on the roof and after a 25% done the power washer quit with smoke coming from the plug - 😳😬😳😭😭😭

Don't know why but the plug melted into the extension cord. Good quality outdoor cord.

Finished washing the roof with a stiff push broom and a regular hose nozzle. RV is parked under an Oak tree and it's been humid as heck here the last month. Lots of green mold and leaves.

RV is too level. 3 areas are pooling which isn't good news. Tilted the RV a little to the driver's side to drain the roof.

I hope the power washer is just a new plug end. Hope I can find one with the GFCI if not the plug in I use is a GFCI socket. I think that would be OK?

This week? Not much. Had issues with the plug for the toad’s pigtail. Installed a new plug. A whopping 15 minute job. Finally got to verify all the lights now work on the toad as they should.

Last week was another story. Had problems with Kwikee steps not extending or retracting. Finally got down to troubleshoot the problem. Found out the worm gear would jam up. Ordered to motor and worm gearbox. Installed that, now works great.

Now need to find time to replace awning fabric.

Kevin

LOL, for 5 years I've been saying "before the next trip, I'm going to install a paper towel holder in the outdoor kitchen". Guess what I still have not done?
I ordered the holder from Amazon about a month ago. It's been sitting in the office next to the fish tank since the day it came in. Somehow it got drug away from the tank and when I went to roll away from the desk for lunch I hit it. Figured that was a sign I should get it installed.

Set in my (powered) recliner in our recently purchased Park Model with a cold one watching CNBC and reflected that I didn't need to dump (often a Thursday chore). Also looked forward to not washing the dp motor home nor pookying the roof penetrations and similar pleasant activities.
All good things come to an end!

Ernie

Packed it up after a couple days UTV riding, drove home, unpacked. Tuckered out, thought you were supposed to be bright tailed and bushy eyed after a vacation.

Installed a fan in the fridge. Hope to cut down on the fins freezing up. Oh yeah, also added a thermometer to the fridge since I thought it was running top cold.

Packed it up after a couple days UTV riding, drove home, unpacked. Tuckered out, thought you were supposed to be bright tailed and bushy eyed after a vacation.

Not if you're vacationing right...

Near the end of my career I had 6 weeks vacation. Of course if you took more than 2 weeks at a time people "frowned" at you. Anyway, I started the habit of getting home Saturday so I could lay up and get ready for work.

We were at sleeping bear dunes for labor day weekend.
It is now in the shop getting repaired cause I hit a big Piece of rubber on the road. Also The air conditioning hose has a hole in it. On October 6th we are going on a road trip for 4 weeks, Not sure where weather pending.

Just finished...

1. AC condenser w/integral oil cooler - 74,968
2. Clean out radiator tube fins (while condenser was out) 74,968
3. AC system - new drier, vacuumed, leak checked and charged 75,020
4. Adjust AC compressor air gap 75,020
5. install custom front grill filter 74,968
6. Front air bags (coils) 74,968
7. (2) outer sway bar brackets 74,968

Just finished...

1. AC condenser w/integral oil cooler - 74,968
2. Clean out radiator tube fins (while condenser was out) 74,968
3. AC system - new drier, vacuumed, leak checked and charged 75,020
4. Adjust AC compressor air gap 75,020
5. install custom front grill filter 74,968
6. Front air bags (coils) 74,968
7. (2) outer sway bar brackets 74,968

My dash A/C is pretty weak - 1996 P30. I charged the system but still does not blow that cold. I bought a dryer but it was the wrong configuration.

Do you have pics of you dryer install and the P/N if the one you used? Also the P/N of the expansion valve if you changed that as well.

My MH has been at the repair shop since last Thursday. The rock shield on the back came unhooked on one side and started banging around. It resulted in a small oil leak. The shop couldn’t get to it until Monday, and it turns out it was a loose oil filter. Makes sense, and we needed a service anyway. We were to pick the coach up yesterday only to find out there is also a leak in the hose between the turbo and motor they found as they were double checking everything was done. Sigh. Part had to be ordered and we will hopefully be able to pick it on late Thursday or Friday. We had left it at our regular shop, about 90 minutes from the house, at the end of a 3 1/2 month trip. We pulled just the stuff we needed for 4-5 days and headed home. Now I actually do need some of the stuff we left, but it is just too far to go get it. And yes, I believe the shop. Small town place, been using them for 3 years, good folks.

Better news: Our Starlink is scheduled to arrive today, though FedEx hasn’t updated the tracking info since yesterday.

Our rig was equipped with two black tanks serviced by a single flush system. Today I added another hose inlet, check valve and backflow preventer, which effectively separated the two flush systems. PEX is a nifty technology but the crimp tool I have requires plenty of room to work. Were I to do it again I'd investigate a single-handed tool. (If such a thing is made)

Ordered a trailer brake controller and a 7-pin socket so I can hook up my car hauler to the coach. I need to run the 12v lead and the brake wire from the front of the coach back to the plug. I'll go to the Ace today and pick up a 50' 12ga extension cord. That way I only have to run one wire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom