What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

500C

I just found a 1996 Maverick  Georgie Boy, 23', RK, Ford 7.5 for $15K on my local craigslist.com (for Portland Or).  Its low on the miles (23333) and generally fits the bill for what I intend to do with it.  Can anyone give me some info about the brand,  I'm going to look at it in the morning any tips on what to look for?  I'm OK with the drive train, but what about the actual MH?

500C said:
... any tips on what to look for?

Click the Library button above and select Checklists. You might find some useful tips for checking out the motorhome.

It's mostly a matter of checking out all the appliances and systems (water tanks, pump, etc), the age of the tires (MUST be replaced if 7 years old) and looking for signs of water leaks in the body & roof.

I just returned from looking at the 96 Georgie Boy 23' RK  .....  The interior roof liner looks to have ripples in a few spots from a storage box mounting that the owner removed in the past.  He said $2500 was the estimate for an entire roof replacement due some water damage.  Other than the roof, it will need 4 tires replaced, and a roof vent cover was stepped on and also needs to have the plastic cover replaced.  The appliances all work according to the owner and the MSRP was 46K 1n 1996. The one piece fiberglass sides are without cracks  and the roof is crowned for run off.  The window in the front of the cabover sleeper is also cracker and needs replacement

Overall I like it, but wondered about the water damage and just how much damage there really is.  I noticed some ripples on the roof liner in the area of the cabover on the passenger side.  Everything was slight but still ......  He is asking $15K and at this time he wont budge.  Any thoughts? 

Watch out for that water damage, a lot of it can be hidden.
Cost me 5K to get mine fixed, and I got a guy to do it for half of what the dealer wanted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pearl Constance de_la She
Back
Top Bottom