What Does living fulltime mean:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I always wonder "why" people need these labels."

If you don't have labels, it makes it harder to look down on those whom you believe to be less than yourself.

RV = residential vehicle

I think full-time refers to those that have an RV or TT that they actually "intend" to move at least once during the year. This could be a simple 500 mile trip from summer to winter RV site, or a daily meander looking for boon-docking locations.

Someone with an RV or TT up on blocks with skirting or other permanent attachments is not full-timing, they are residing in a location.
That brings up a question. Do those of you who are full time move your RVs once or twice a year due to seasonal reasons?

That brings up a question. Do those of you who are full time move your RVs once or twice a year due to seasonal reasons?
We certainly did move around. We usually spent the winters in S. California or Florida otherwise it's too cold and we'd have to buy new clothes (LOL). Then, during the other months we'd slowly meander to state and national parks or any other places of interest with the final goal being the next winter location.

We’re in our 7th year now. We move more than once or twice a year due to weather, but weather certainly directs us.
We both still work full time from office space we’ve set up in the coach. Historically, our m.o. has been to explore where we are evenings and weekends, move about every 2-5 weeks, then do it again.
We migrate north and south by weather and east to west by whim.
A recent change: we signed a two year lease on a site in Florida, so I reckon we’ll be spending more than 2-5 weeks there. (But our lease began in June and we’ve not been there yet, so who knows?) We can rent it out, and have been. We expect to get down there sometime in November and head north again in May or June. If we can find someplace else warm to check out, we may well do that and let it out… finding renters in winter shouldn’t be hard.

For the first ~5 years we were full-timing we owned no property and traveled quite extensively. However, we didn't enjoy traveling during the winter and usually stayed in coastal TX where we could count on pleasant weather. We never subscribed to the "belief" that full-timers have to move every so often or they aren't "real" full-timers.

Six years ago we purchased a lot in an "ownership" RV park in Rockport TX so now we have fixed location to come back to in the winters. We have a storage building and a sewing room casita so not all our possessions have to be in the RV. When COVID came in 2019-2020 we stayed home and curtailed our traveling but we're hoping to get out a bit this fall.

Since I ended up with a 3rd career after I "retired" I usually move twice a year. I spend the summers working the campgrounds and after we close down I travel. At some point I usually end up in Quartzsite for the coldest months (Jan/Feb). Around March I think about heading back up to the Sierra's to do another summer at the campgrounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom