What does this switch do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those Intermatic timers are generally rated for 1000 watts max (that is what the limit is on the one I have for my Makita battery charger) and the water heater draws more. That would not stop someone from using it however.

Charles

Make sure there is water in the water heater and then look to see if it is on. Might be a breaker is off or a switch on the water heater is in the off position.

In my toyhauler camper I have a turn dial switch like that and it controls the pump for the onboard gas station. The pump will only run as long as that timer switch is running.

Those timer switches are commonly used for several different things. The one I recall is that hotel bathrooms had IR heat lamps in the ceiling and it was connected to one of these timers. Many uses for them. I have one I bought on the clearance shelf at Home Depot that I control an outlet on the workbench with, that the Makita battery chargers (two double gang ones) are plugged into. I prefer that stuff to be de=energized when the charging is done.

Yes, hopefully the heat element is not burned out, but given its location above the WH/MW selector I would not be surprised if that is what it is hooked to. May need to follow some wiring.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom