What foods you carry that are easy to keep and convenient to use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use flavoured or plain vanilla. I would suggest tasting before you add sweetener. Some brands of those shakes are too sweet. I am currently having this in the evenings because it's too hot to cook anything
I used to do Slimfast powder all the time but recently switched to Atkins ready made as it's a little quicker and easier.

For Breakfast, frozen strawberries or bananas go great in the blender. Bananas and chocolate are also good.

I am a terrible breakfast eater but now that I am older I realize I "have" to get some calories in and hydro so I force myself to drink at least a bottle of water and a shake while doing eMail in the morning. Or I have found some Cliff bar flavors I like.

I also use the chocolate Atkins in my coffee to make a mocha - One less thing to buy even though there are cheaper options for this. It only takes a dash of the dark chocolate.

Frequently late in the day I will do vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee and 3-4 ice cubes. I really love me some iced/frappe coffee. Sometimes I will throw a little mocha in for a Mocha Frappacino Latte - Way cheaper than Starsucks - LOL...

I used to do Slimfast powder all the time but recently switched to Atkins ready made as it's a little quicker and easier.

For Breakfast, frozen strawberries or bananas go great in the blender. Bananas and chocolate are also good.

I am a terrible breakfast eater but now that I am older I realize I "have" to get some calories in and hydro so I force myself to drink at least a bottle of water and a shake while doing eMail in the morning. Or I have found some Cliff bar flavors I like.

I also use the chocolate Atkins in my coffee to make a mocha - One less thing to buy even though there are cheaper options for this. It only takes a dash of the dark chocolate.

Frequently late in the day I will do vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee and 3-4 ice cubes. I really love me some iced/frappe coffee. Sometimes I will throw a little mocha in for a Mocha Frappacino Latte - Way cheaper than Starsucks - LOL...
That’s done creative thinking ! You sound like a wizard in your kitchen

What foods you carry that are easy to keep and convenient to use​

Popcorn, spegetti sauce and spegetti pasta or ziti, quick single packet oatmeal, I add butter and walnuts to it
I freeze my butter and cheezes to use up little by little.
Potatoes, carrots, cabbage and Brussels sprouts are long lasting veggies just keep them dark and cool. Keep separated from Onions, apples and banana that give off that gas. They say bananas will slow their ripening but pretty sure they don’t last more than a week
Many veggies last a week or two if you just wash them off and roll in paper towel or a dish towel in your fridge - cukes, lettuces. There is an informative YouTube : from daisy creek farm on how to refrigerate fresh stuff - to last

Eeww. The only thing instant coffee is good for is my home-made Kahlua recipe. :cool:

In cold weather I sometimes get packets of instant hot chocolate mix(gotta have the marshmallows) and make it with coffee instead of hot water. I think each envelope of chocolate is supposed to be made with 6oz of water. I usually make it in a 10oz cup and fill it full. I remember back in the day they used to make a mint chocolate mix. That was awesome in a hot cup of coffee. :coffee:

Generally I agree. The only instant I really will drink is Nescafe Gold.
My Kahlua recipe uses 2oz of Folger's crystals which comes in a 4oz jar. I've made coffee with the left over, but I'd rather drink hot tea than instant coffee. In fact, that's what I do if I'm someplace I can't run the genny in the morning to make coffee.

I whisk up 2 eggs in a microwave safe bowl, stir in cubed ham and chopped peppers and onions. About 2 minutes in the microwave and they are quick, tasty and only the bowl to wash. They key is to use a smaller diameter, deeper bowl so the egg mix is at least an inch thick. Too thick and they'll be runny. Too thin and you get a rubber pancake.

I also have been experimenting with regular oats, oatmeal. I avoid sugar as much as possible. 2/3-1 cup oats depending on appetite, 2 splenda packs and about 1/2 the milk recommended (I like my oatmeal thicker) - I also toss in a handful of frozen banana and cinnamon or pumpkin spice - Yum. 2-3 minutes in the micro and again easy cleanup.

Much cheaper than the "instant" oats and no sugar or sodium.
Overnight breakfast oatmeal in the refrigerator can be made up quickly using all dried/dehydrated ingredients with powdered milk or cream mixed up with water the night before in pint-sized cup containers with snap down lids.

And should you have no refrigerator it still can be accomplished in a smaller sized cooler filled with ice.

Back
Top Bottom