What if i keep rv outside this winter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JIGGS

It looks like I will have to leave my HM outside this winter. I have been told to keep a vent cracked open and to put no damp in two or three places. When winter hits and cooled winds blow temperature falls Does a HM pick up that much humidity to be harmful ?  do you have to put inside some kind of moisture be gone ? Any ideas will be helpful
Thanks jiggs
P.S.  the older i get the less i like winter. One day i hope i can say goodbey winter.

Better idea  load it up and come to Arizona and forget those cold days and nights.

When winter hits and cooled winds blow temperature falls Does a HM pick up that much humidity to be harmful ?  do you have to put inside some kind of moisture be gone ? Any ideas will be helpful

1.  Park it in southern Arizona and fly home.

2.  Failing that, check out the stuff that boaters use.  Dehumidifiers are a bit item for them.  West Marine has online sales if I remember correctly

If you live in a area that has higher humidity in the winter, you should put some de-humidifiers in the rig.  Living in the desert where the humidity is only 10 to 20 % I don't worry about it.  I just worry about freezing.

Mike

Some friends of ours own a park trailer in a very wet part of the UK. They use it only a few months of the year and, during the off season, they put out buckets of salt within the trailer to absorb the moisture. I've never tried this, nor do I know if works, but it's apparently quite a common thing that's done in their trailer park.

I live in the midwest, central Indiana, and I have left my motorhome out in the weather for the past threee years with no ill effects. Winterize it and close the drapes/curtains and check the battery acid every couple of weeks.

Woody

Salt (sodium chloride) works, but calcium chloride works better.

Ours has been in ILL both O/S and I/S this year in the desert of AZ  No difference that I can see other than I do leave water jugs (fukk)  here ius the desert  inside now,.

I leave mine closed up during storage. I noticed that water splashed up thru the vents if I left them open when it rained real hard with wind. Besides I like to go out every couple weeks and turn the heat on and sit here thinking how nice it'll be when I get to Fla. in mid Feb.

Back
Top Bottom