What is dirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

All,

I've often wondered why Jerry doesn't see dirt the same way I do.  He never sees dust bunnies while I cringe at them.  Here's an explanation he found for this anomaly.

"The primary difference between men and women is that women can see extremely small quantities of dirt.  Not when they're babies, of course.  Babies of both sexes have a very low awareness of dirt, other than to think it tastes better than food.

But somewhere during the growth process, a hormonal secretion takes place in women that enables them to see dirt that men cannot see, dirt at the level of MOLECULES, whereas men don't generally notice it until it forms clumps large enough to support agriculture."

So, ladies, we now understand what "their" problem is!  ;D

ArdraF

Wendy

Site Team
I'm with Jerry. I don't see dirt until it starts falling off the ceiling fan onto my head or I pick up a book and have to blow the dust off it before I dare open it to read. Although, in the motorhome, I seem to notice it more.....there's this little ridge under the dashboard that accumulates dirt no matter what I do....lately, it's been red since we've been traveling in Utah. Maybe I should just leave it there and start a collection of "dirt from our travels"? ala Lucille Ball and the Long Long Trailer and her rock collection.

Carl L

Moderator Emeritus
But somewhere during the growth process, a hormonal secretion takes place in women that enables them to see dirt that men cannot see, dirt at the level of MOLECULES, whereas men don't generally notice it until it forms clumps large enough to support agriculture."

Men are divided naturally into to groups farmers and hunters.  As you say farmers don't notice dirt that cannot be plowed.  Hunters don't notice the stuff except for the tracks in it.

Jeff

Site Team
Adra:

I am going to show this to Sue when we hook up in Phoenix. I am not sure it will make her feel any better about it but maybe she will begin to realize it isn't just me. ;D

Shayne

Us ditch diggers have to have something to play with.  If not for dirt how would the plants grow,  Well maybe that would help me lose weight, if I had nothing to eat.

ArdraF

Jerry's like a hummingbird. His metabolism is so fast that he doesn't even notice static things like clumps of dirt.

Oh thanks for the chuckle!  Karl, I absolutely LOVE your description of Jerry!  When he was doing computer security consulting at SRI International, one of the fellows he teamed with was Reese Wilson who used to say that they would arrive at a client's and enter the door together.  Reese said that by the time he got to his desk, Jerry would have walked up the wall, across the ceiling, down the other side, and already be seated at his desk.  Can you picture that???

ArdraF

Top Bottom