What is the best RV manual?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azbeachboy

I found RV walkthru at RV walkhru.com.  I'm new to this and my fifth wheel didn't come with a manual. I have and "Elite" and can't find much on the web about it
Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck,

This is the one I bought based on recommendations here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0934798702/102-3258749-9201756?v=glance

I would call the manufacturer of your 5th wheel and ask them for the manuals on the trailer.  The applicances will have separate manuals that can usually be obtained from the respective manufacturers.

azbeachboy said:
Joel,
Is their much information on slide outs in this manual?
Chuck

based on memory, no.  And there's not much information on the slide out in my Sunnybrook manual either.

I have a "elite special edition" and can't find a new dealer on the web. It is a 2004 model. When I got it in April it didn't have a manual.

The best maual is the box of manuals that came with the RV, of course if you are the second, third, fifth, owner, it is likely the box got lost.  Woodalls has a "Generic" owner's manual that I find useful, even though I have the rig's original manuals.

I've not seen any other "Generics" so I can not compare them

Check this link out.  http://www.rvbasics.com/index.html
There is a lot of good information there.

Regards,

John

I'm the first owner of a new RV.  There was a bag full of manuals but the ones related to the coach construction were spotty to non-existent.  The schematics of the electrical and plumbing systems are barely legible.  The entire maintenance section talks about the need to keep the fabrics clean, but gives no suggested tools or materials to use or any procedures to clean and maintain.  When people write those things, they must be thinking of something entirely different.  I obtained some of the equipment manuals either in print or electronically from the manufacturers.  I need to call the coach manufacturer and see if they have anything new, but there have been so many design improvements, what they carry today probably doesn't relate to my RV

I bought the Bob Livingston 4th edition.  It's usable, but some of the illustrations and photos are just awful.  One chart has one out of three titles, so it's impossible to read.  Most of the photos say, "This is a picture of..."  Then there's something like a complicated machine and absolutely no indication via arrow or special coloring what the object in question looks like.  Very frustrating. 

Pat said:
I'm the first owner of a new RV.? There was a bag full of manuals but the ones related to the coach construction were spotty to non-existent.? The schematics of the electrical and plumbing systems are barely legible.? The entire maintenance section talks about the need to keep the fabrics clean, but gives no suggested tools or materials to use or any procedures to clean and maintain.? When people write those things, they must be thinking of something entirely different.? I obtained some of the equipment manuals either in print or electronically from the manufacturers.? I need to call the coach manufacturer and see if they have anything new, but there have been so many design improvements, what they carry today probably doesn't relate to my RV

I bought the Bob Livingston 4th edition.? It's usable, but some of the illustrations and photos are just awful.? One chart has one out of three titles, so it's impossible to read.? Most of the photos say, "This is a picture of..."? Then there's something like a complicated machine and absolutely no indication via arrow or special coloring what the object in question looks like.? Very frustrating.?

Immediately after purchasing an RV, I call manufacturers customer service and request a set of electrical prints for my specific unit as well as roof construction print (which I may need some day to run wiring etc). If a Freightliner chassis, they will supply information on it as well and for about $75 a complete manual.

I went to camp world yesterday and didn't find the information I needed. The last time I used my fifth wheel it took two men to push it back in. I asked in the service department what kind of lube I should use on a chain and sprocket system. He said I don't know try silicon.  any ideas?
Thanks,
Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom