What is the most unique RV that you have seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shadow+RV+social.jpg

More:
Summit Lake State Park, July 18, 2015:

hacA6ts.jpg

This one:

Q4vNaTl.jpg

Northern Indiana, about 10 years ago:

kc2SzrS.jpg

No so unusual trailer, but unusual in the set up! Cane Creek Campround, Waxhaw, NC, April 11, 2022:

Y7eo0nE.jpg

July 2, 2022, Brookville State Recreation Area, (Mounds) Brookville, Indiana. Kind of a cool way to carry a load!

JiBchJH.jpg

September 24, 2021: Baraga State Park, Michigan. Maybe not so unusual, except I think it would fit into a tea cup!

NNPNHAw.jpg

How about the family campground at my model railroad site! (around September 2009, in my house)

VP0r3xA.jpg

EhEUAvx.jpg

And how about 1 more: My desk at work, about 4 years ago:

Bt1rdbK.jpg

I don't recall seeeing anything very unusual "in the wild"

We did stop at an RV museum in Amarillo, TX a few years ago. I rather enjoyed it
the one that sticks in my mind was this one (not my picture)...(edit: well my link attempt didn't work. It was an old 1921 Ford Lamsteed Kampkar. I'm sure you can find it via google... perhaps THE original motorhome.)
and I also enjoyed seeing inside the GMC motorhome.....seems like there was something noteworthy about that model...owned by somebody famous or something....memory is fuzzy.
Anyway, worthy a stop if it's still there!

I don't recall seeeing anything very unusual "in the wild"

We did stop at an RV museum in Amarillo, TX a few years ago. I rather enjoyed it
the one that sticks in my mind was this one (not my picture)...(edit: well my link attempt didn't work. It was an old 1921 Ford Lamsteed Kampkar. I'm sure you can find it via google... perhaps THE original motorhome.)
and I also enjoyed seeing inside the GMC motorhome.....seems like there was something noteworthy about that model...owned by somebody famous or something....memory is fuzzy.
Anyway, worthy a stop if it's still there!
Here ya go:
1921_Ford_T_Kampkar_%281418376227%29.jpg

Remember the Ford 460 powered pusher from FMC?
1974-FMC-2900R.jpg
The FMC had a 413 Chrysler industrial engine if I recall. There was a very good thread somewhere on the internet about a guy who did an excellent job of removing that and fitting a Duramax with an Allison transmission and using a special short tailhousing and parking brake on the output and made a new stainless fuel tank, etc. Very professionally done.

The 460 pusher was a Winnebago that had a lot of fires and they bought all of them back. Eventually resold them to another firm after the Winnebago date plates and info were removed. The other firm converted them to Ford V10 gas engines.

Charles

The FMC had a 413 Chrysler industrial engine if I recall. There was a very good thread somewhere on the internet about a guy who did an excellent job of removing that and fitting a Duramax with an Allison transmission and using a special short tailhousing and parking brake on the output and made a new stainless fuel tank, etc. Very professionally done.

The 460 pusher was a Winnebago that had a lot of fires and they bought all of them back. Eventually resold them to another firm after the Winnebago date plates and info were removed. The other firm converted them to Ford V10 gas engines.

Charles
That would be so cool with a modern drivetrain. Like the a Cummings straight six diesel.

Back
Top Bottom