What is THE RV show of the year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nmorgan

We're looking to upgrade from our gasser to a diesel pusher. Having previously bought a boat at the Chicago Boat Show, it "appears" that deals are strong at these things. I know that there's an RV show coming up this month in Tampa and was wondering if that was THE show of the year. We'll have to travel and want to make sure that if there is one premier show to attend, that we hit the right one. Thanks as always for your help and advice!

RV shows are where you go to figure out what you may want and what may work for you, all in one place. The only time that you may want to buy at a rv show is the last two hours of the show, when at some point the dealers will have one less unit to haul back at their expense, You will not get a deal of your lifetime. But you may save some miles and money of driving around numerous rv dealers looking and possibly compromising your desires. Thats my take on it.

The two largest RV shows are the Tampa show in January, and the Hershey show in September. I've been to both, and the Tampa show is the larger of the two. It's true that show prices at those two shows are generally as good a deal as you can get.

What are the hassles with the shows?

And how do you screw with their minds at the dealerships?

-Don- Ladson, SC
The shows try to convince you that its the best deal ever (not true, the same deals can be had after and sometimes better, i have been hired several times to work the shows both rv and boat shows. Its a fun weekend and you can walk away with an easy $5k or more.)
Because i know more than 99% of RV salespeople (and so do you and the majority of rv owners, (most rv salespeople dont own an rv never have most have never towed one either) and i grew up with them, by the time i was 10 i had traveled most of europe seeing most countries multiple times, when i was 13 my dad became the plant manger for scamper and skipper trailers pumping out almost 50 units a day in 1978 lol. So i like to test them see what they do or dont know. I also shop for friends looking to upgrade or trade its a hobby, i have friends in the car and bike industries from Owning Gm and Ford dealerships to Lamborghini and Harley Davidson dealerships and MB Sports boat dealerships and RV dealerships we help each other out alot as we all have a specific knowledge base. And we buy from each other to save and help us all out, and the after show parties are a blast

Last edited:
Because i know more than 99% of RV salespeople (and so do you and the majority of rv owners, (most rv salespeople dont own an rv never have most have never towed one either)
From my own experience in dealing with RV sales reps, I can believe that.

Me: "How does this Tow Haul mode work"
Rep: "Uh, I have no idea"

When we first started looking at coaches I figured if I knew more about RVs (practically nothing) then the sales person I needed to get my info elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom