What is this electrical connector?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mapkat1

The TV in my RV stopped getting power, and I’ve traced the problem to a wiring connection. It’s an odd connection that has two tiny flat plates pushed together by springs - all housed in a snap-together plastic housing. Well the housing has broken, so the springs are no longer keeping the wires together.

What is this thing?!

I’m including two pictures - it is disconnected in both.

When I electric tape it together, the slightest jiggle still breaks the current.

Can I just strip the wires and connect them with a regular wire connector?

Thanks for any insight!

B38732C6-9E0F-4401-BB9A-152572A81FE4.jpeg

Attachments

• 88465C58-A9D5-48B2-AB11-96844C988942.jpeg
    88465C58-A9D5-48B2-AB11-96844C988942.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 6
It could be a fuse holder if there is a space for the fuse and the lack of one would mean no power. There are a few single lead connectors that look something like at around but I don't remember ever seeing one in an RV. The second picture sure looks like a fuse holder.
31BazofVraL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg
41bw+n9VskL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Yes, indeed, a fuse holder. Taped together until I can replace it. Works wonderfully. Thank you all

Go to an auto parts place and look on the aisle where the fuses and bulbs are (or even Walmart). You will find fuse holders with pigtails that you can splice in, in the place of that one. If you don't have the proper crimping tools, find a neighbor or friend that does. Get a fuse holder that holds ATC/ATO fuses (blade type) as they are easier to locate when you need them, and that is what the DC fuse panel in your RV uses for all of the other circuits. This way you won't have to search for the glass fuse when it blows, as (hopefully) you have spares for you other fuses.

91HhVvP4SXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Charles

Back
Top Bottom