What is this hose used for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bs102979

What is the hose used for that I circled in the picture?

Attachments

• BEB1B887-8B05-4048-AD84-0FD993FCE72F.jpeg
    BEB1B887-8B05-4048-AD84-0FD993FCE72F.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 217
Do you have the owners manual?  First source, we must assume you don't if you came here.  It has a plug in it, could be a number of things, from a drain, (most likely),  I doubt that it is for winterizing, but could be,  unscrew the plug, see what happens.

It will be water though.

Although that's not the way I'd expect to find it, if it pulls out from there then it could be the suction hose for pulling in antifreeze when winterizing, but there would have to be at least one valve associated with it. It's white, so likely something associated with fresh water.

Welcome!!

Give us a hint!!! What is it installed on??? Make, model etc....

It seems a bit big for the winterizing hose, although there could be a fitting with the smaller pickup hose attached.The drain idea though, looks a bit too high. 

I agree with Larry, that looks like the RV antifreeze suction uptake we had on our coach.  The pump had to be turned on and you would connect a length of hose to it and stick that into the anti freeze bottle.

Ed

Bill N said:
My guess is the connection point for a black tank flushing hose.

Bill

I thought about that, too.  However, due to sanitary reasons, that would typically be labeled pretty clearly, no?

Bill N said:
My guess is the connection point for a black tank flushing hose.

Bill

There are 2 inlets right above that hose so I would assume that one of them would be the flusher.  :eek: ::) :-\

It might help if we could see more of the compartment.  For example, are the dump valves in that compartment?  If so, I would stick with the tank flush idea because the hose is angled upward so allow self draining in case of contamination.  But I have to agree such a connection would be labeled.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom