What is this under my Class C ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arheine

Just noticed this bar after our last trip.  We have not noticed it before !

Attachments

• thumbnail_20190704_140834.jpg
    thumbnail_20190704_140834.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 134
HueyPilotVN said:
That is a Sway Bar.

I helps to provide better steering control.

Welcome to the Forum

Yup- Roadmaster  brand anti-sway bar.  Looks like a good one.  The bushing nearest the camera looks a bit suspect, but that is probably just the camera angle......the other side looks fine.

Safe travels.

Fixed quote

Likely aftermarket Roadmaster branded rear sway bar, I am a little surprised that it hangs that low, but I don't know what is normal for your brand and model of chassis

By definition:
"Sway bars are essentially a torsion spring that is attached to a vehicle's frame, linking the left and right suspensions together. Also called anti-roll bars, stabilizer bars, or simply anti-sway bars, they reduce vehicle body roll and improve handling when cornering."
Looks like a good one but it does seem to be a little low under the differential.  There might be some adjustment available to raise that section.  Look for the linkage that connects the ends of the bar to see if that can be adjusted to rotate the bar up in the center.

Definitely a sway bar.  You are lucky that you got it with it.  I had to buy and install mine.

Is that sway bar bent? It sure looks very close to the ground. It looks like it should be turned so it?s 4-6 inches higher, up near the tank.

A Traveler said:
Is that sway bar bent? It sure looks very close to the ground. It looks like it should be turned so it?s 4-6 inches higher, up near the tank.
No, it's not abnormally bent. The bar needs space to move up and down as the motorhome navigates bumps, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom