What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King's Food Host was my favorite, but I've not seen one in decades. They had excellent hamburgers (even doubles, similar to but better than Wendy's), Tuna Frenchees, Cheese Frenchees, excellent fries and shakes, and you ordered over an "intercom" from your table.

Just before I went into the Air Force I worked at the Dub'l R Drive In, a locally owned drive-in in Evansville, IN, and I loved their Pizza Burger.

Austin's Drive In in that town had the best pork tenderloin sandwiches I've ever had, along with hush puppies. Mmmm...

Its Hardee's east of the Mississippi and Carl's Jr west of the Mississippi. Same food, same branding except for the name.

Wyoming has both Hardee's and Carl's Jr. restaurants east of the Continental Divide. Buffalo, Casper, and Gillette have a Hardee's and so did Laramie until the Carl's Jr opened at a new Love's Truck Stop. Usually enough parking available for our TV and TT.

Last edited:
Wyoming has both Hardee's and Carl's Jr. restaurants east of the Continental Divide. Buffalo, Casper, and Gillette have a Hardee's and so did Laramie until the Carl's Jr opened at a new Love's Truck Stop. Usually enough parking available for our TV and TT.
Arkansas has Hardee's. Last I looked we were west of the river. There are menu items on the Hardee's menu that don't appear on the Carl's Jr. menu. My personal favorite "Frisco Burger" is one of them. Can't get them at Carl's.

I like the salads at Wendy's. and the nachos at Taco Bell and KFC's
Years ago (when I was still working) I met my wife at a Wendy's for a quick lunch... She likes thousand island dressing on her burgers, so she got some off of the salad bar... The kid behind the counter tried to charge her for for a "salad bar".. She has hot... We haven't been to a Wendy's in almost 30 years.:rolleyes:
Butch

If I must I prefer Chic-fil-A, so do the grandkids even though they're mean and they owe me thousands of dollars which I doubt they'll ever pay. Having lived in La. for 10 years Chik-Fil-A was a welcome alternative to "here's your order (I hope you die)" .

This morning I went to the Carl's Jr here in Gila Bend which is around five miles from here. On my electric motorcycle, of course.

The Tesla Superchargers there in the parking lot were extra busy, a good dozen people charging up. Then I realized this was the end of a four-day weekend for most people, which explains that. Several of them went inside the Carl's Jr where I was having my breakfast. Most of them left after eating and were fully charged before I left there only eating and playing around with this computer.

Anyway, I looked at Carl's Jr menu online last night to see what other stuff they had. I didn't know they had a "Monster Biscuit". I normally have the breakfast burger there.

I tried the "Monster Biscuit" large combo (with large potatoes and a bottle of orange juice). I had my Italian Roast coffee here in the RV before going to Carl's Jr.

Anyway, I now have a new favorite at Carl's Jr, the Monster Biscuit. It was better than I expected and is certainly enough food with the potatoes.

BTW, there is a 10% senior discount at all the Carl's Jrs. But you have to know to ask for it. This fast food still cost me $11.16. That is the Monster Burger, the large Tator-Tot style potatoes and a bottle of Orange Juice. Would cost $12.28 without the senior discount.

I will probably always have this same "monster" meal at Carl's Jr when I go there for breakfast from now on.

BTW, there is a Mc Donald's right next door to this Carl's Jr. I think this Carl's Jr is doing better business than the MCD in the morning. BTW, there is also a Burger King on the opposite side of the road about a half mile closer to this RV Park.

Monster Biscuit:

5215.jpg

-Don- Gila Bend, AZ

Last edited:
Hardees and Carl Jr I believe is still the same chain. If the Carl Jr biscuit tastes anything like Hardees everyone in the South knows their breakfast biscuit is the best anywhere. And the South knows what a biscuit should taste like. But Jack's is another southern chain that has the best grits smothered in sausage gravy. Which I had to be talked into trying and is now one of my favorites. The people in southern states are overweight because their food tastes better :)

Hardees and Carl Jr I believe is still the same chain. If the Carl Jr biscuit tastes anything like Hardees everyone in the South knows their breakfast biscuit is the best anywhere. And the South knows what a biscuit should taste like. But Jack's is another southern chain that has the best grits smothered in sausage gravy. Which I had to be talked into trying and is now one of my favorites. The people in southern states are overweight because their food tastes better :)
That, and they can't pass up sweets of any kind...ever.

I know a guy who volunteers at the food bank for his church. Every month they have tables full of food - all dry goods - that they put out and people can come take what they "need". He says it never fails that some family of 6 - all 1500 pounds of them - will belly up to the table with the breads and pastries on it, sweep the regular bread onto the ground to get it out of the way, and take every box of donuts and sweet rolls they have and leave.

He said one time, "You know, you should leave a few for other folks." The woman replied, "You told us to take what we want, so mind your own business." Quite the Christian attitude, there.

New favorite at Wendy's - Grilled Chicken Wrap with a side of chili instead of fries.
I normally only go out for breakfast. My favorite at Windys is a large Breakfast Baconator Combo meal with a bottle of orange juice. I think all these fast-food places carry those Simply Orange juice bottles these days.

If I don't have time to make and have my Italian Roast coffee at home, (before Wendy's stop serving breakfast) then I have the coffee at Windy's instead of the OJ.

-Don- Gila Bend, AZ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom