What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to Sonic the other night for the 1st time. It wasn’t bad. Better than Micky Dee’s and BK imo.

As a SoCal left coaster number 1 is IN-N-Out. But it's not something I'd eat a lot. But when I get back there it's on the agenda.

Burger King because I can recognize some lettuce onion and tomatoes and it makes me feel like I am eating healthy - LOL

Also because I get the flyer in the mail and clip the coupons.

I'll take the sausage breakfast sandwich at either McD or BK. Once on a rare occasion I get nostalgic for a Big Mac - Reminds me of childhood with the original foam cartons. We only got fast food like once every 6 months as a kid.

For the RV I bought one of these and make Daniel McMuffins. Much better than anything at a fast food joint.

Muffin Maker

In fact I made Sausage or Ham McMuffins yesterday for my crew of 4. Here's a hint - use a water glass inverted to cut cheese and ham into circles.

Attachments

• muffin.JPG
    muffin.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm not a huge fan but if pressed Chick-fil-A is exceptionally good. In n out Burger if I have to. Buffalo Wild Wings used to be good not sure after takeover.

There are several things I do not like about Chick-Fil-a.. $$$$$ being one of them. They are too expensive.. Other things I will not bother with in this forum but the one day I ALWAYS eat out is Sunday. Guess where you can not eat on Sunday.

DMVs, airports, banks, all could learn from the way Chick Fil-A moves customers through their lines.
Food isn't bad, either.
Chick-Fil-A franchises are relatively inexpensive but people who want one first have to invest a year working for another restaurant in the system to learn the ropes. Then they get a chance to apply for their own restaurant but they have to be a hands-on manager there. And they can only own one location, instead a holding company owning multiple restaurants.

And John, I'm surprised you disapprove of a company giving their employees Sundays off so they can worship at the church of their choice.

Some people religiously adhere to ‘Blue Laws’, others purposely do as much commerce on Sunday’s as possible. To each his own.

I got up late and I just went to the local McDonald's here to discover they stop serving breakfast at 1030 hrs. In CA and NV, they serve breakfast all day, any time they are open.

I am now at the Waffle House in DeRidder. I have never been in one before.

I am having the Western Omelet, not bad.

-Don- DeRidder, LA

, I'm surprised you disapprove of a company giving their employees Sundays off so they can worship at the church of their choice.
There are many things they do that I do not fully agree with (and I am sure you can guess why:)), but that is their choice, I only really care about their good food and service.

-Don- DeRidder, LA

Freddys Frozen Custard and Steak Burger if available, Subway and Gas Station/Truck Stop (Burritos, Pizza, or Tuna Sandwich w/chips dessert and drink)

This is an interesting discussion and for me there are fast food places and almost fast food places. I like 5 Guys but don't consider them to be fast food and they cost significantly more than what I generally think of as fast food. In national chains I like McDonalds for breakfast but for a fast & cheap burger I much prefer Burger King. (King also has 2 for $5 weekly coupons here.) Also BK has a small, deluxe burger. For fish we like either Long John Silver's or Cap'n D. When in parts of KS that have them, by far our favorite burger place is Spangles restraints. Dairy Queen is another fast food that we watch for when traveling and on occasion Sonic. For subs andwiches you can't beat Firehouse Subs!

As I think about it, we must be cheapskates, as we probably go out to fast food at least 80% of our dining out budget!

And John, I'm surprised you disapprove of a company giving their employees Sundays off so they can worship at the church of their choice.
I do not disapprove of that though there is a very simple work around (Not everyone goes to Worship on Sunday.. some, including some Christians do Saturday)

I disapprove of the fact that when *I* want to eat out. they are closed . Thus I eat elsewhere.

For some time I was driving the motor home. everywhere. So I drove it on Wed (Choir practice/senior shopping day at best supermarket in area) and Sunday...

So it's so much disapproval as they simply are not open when i want to eat out.

Reason for disapproval.. Is another topic which i won't discuss here.

John you really would not approve of the pit smoked BBQ place by my house then, they are only open Wed-Sat 11am-until they sell out, which is usually around 1-2 pm.

John you really would not approve of the pit smoked BBQ place by my house then, they are only open Wed-Sat 11am-until they sell out, which is usually around 1-2 pm.
Sounds like my kind of place. Nothing beats good, freshly made BBQ.

Is that the BBQ place where Hwy 171 turns right to go into the main part of town, less than two miles from me?

-Don- DeRidder, LA

I like McDonalds for breakfast but for a fast & cheap
I left late yesterday morning, so I decided on the Mc Donald's "all day breakfast". But I discovered they no longer do it all day, at least not here in DeRidder. The McDonny's here stops serving breakfast at 1030 hrs.

I ended up having breakfast at the Waffle House here in DeRidder. I had their Western Omelet and a cup of coffee.

So I had slow-food yesterday morning (Sunday).

Almost 0100 hrs Monday here, time for me to hit the sack (that's why I get up late--I am a night person--I used to work nights, I hate the day shift!

-Don- DeRidder, LA

I am now at the Waffle House in DeRidder. I have never been in one before.
I've traveled all lower 48 states for my job. A lot. Waffle House varies a lot from excellent to really bad. The local one got renamed when someone broke out the W in the sign. The result pretty well described this location. But at 3 AM there aren't a lot of other choices.

For breakfast Hardee's/Carl Jr has the best biscuits anywhere. In the SE a chain called Jack's has over 200 locations and their Breakfast Special is outstanding. I never liked grits until I tried theirs with the cream sausage gravy and butter which made me a believer. They know how to cook grits in the south. And their Big Jack burger isn't bad.

My favorite BBQ places are in CA, KN, and east MS. The sauce in all 3 states is similar, a little smoke, a little heat, and a little sweet. In TN the sauce is way too sweet. They even put sugar in vegetables like corn, peas, and green beans. The absolute worst is NC where the clear BBQ sauce is right up there with drinking vinegar straight out of the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom