What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waffle House is a somewhat guilty pleasure. My wife and I like the pork chop dinner. Also we noticed the menu can vary greatly by geography. The one near me serves basically nothing green. The cook was a friendly chap and they weren't busy. He made me a salad out of burger fixin's and I think I had ham and eggs?

I am going to order that thing and give it a try.

-Don- DeRidder, LA

Ask him how difficult that thing is to clean up after using.
Almost the entire thing is covered in Teflon. I've had mine over 2 years and it's never been a problem to clean it by wiping it with a damp rag.

Just make sure you don't pull the lid open for at least 5 minutes or you are likely to have egg yolk all over the place.

One ore final tip - I was "pressing" the lid down, smashing the egg (who reads instructions) When I figured out to let gravity do its thing the yolks came out a lot better.

I've been known to say "Humm. Church must just have let out" and last Sunday, to another customer, Weren't we just in the same building together?" (Yes. Church) But that's the original reason i did eat at C-F-A.. Now I have more reasons. And... I also like to sit and be waited on which they don't do. But there is more.. They just offend me in too many ways to talk about here.
WhT is C-F-A?

Fast food is only for travel days at lunch if we have no left overs.
1. Whataburger
2. Wendy's
3. Taco Bell

Whatever happened to beef ribs? They used to be very common and now we cannot even find them at BBQ places (or very rarely).

-Don- DeRidder, LA
Beef ribs are among my favorites too. I only see them in cow country like OK and TX. I like the foot long ribs, not short ribs.

Really good tender sliced brisket is also hard to find. Mostly chopped which are the cut table leftovers (or swept off the floor) or sliced brisket which might be shoe leather. I tried it at a BBQ joint voted the best in MS. They took Obama there when he was in MS. I couldn't cut it with a sharp knife. I know cooks vary but a good restaurant manager will have someone responsible in charge at all times.

Fast food is only for travel days at lunch if we have no left overs.
1. Whataburger
2. Wendy's
3. Taco Bell
Whataburger is our favorite burger. Not fancy but you can't beat the taste. Even my in-laws who can't stand mustard love their burgers. 20 years ago they used to make their own fantastic ketchup. Made fries and onion rings a delicacy. Tastes like Heinz now, even the Whataburger brand ketchup in grocery stores. I'm guessing Heinz bought the name rights to capitalize on the reputation.

Whatever happened to beef ribs? They used to be very common and now we cannot even find them at BBQ places (or very rarely).

-Don- DeRidder, LA

Holy Smoke BBQ in Bishop, CA, and about 20 miles further south, Coppertop BBQ in Big Pine both have ribs.
I just read an article on the 'net that listed Coppertop as the best BBQ in Cali. Personally, I like Holy Smoke better. The same article listed Jones BBQ in Marianna, Arkansas as the best in Arkansas...that one they got right.

I just walked back from the McDonald's here in Giddings, which is right next to this Wal*Mart that I am now bondocked at.

The McDonald's here is closed inside, so I ordered at the drive-up window since there was nobody there.

I had my usual two Sausage Egg McMuffins and large coffee.

I see they no longer have the two for four bucks deal. The two SEMMs cost me $6.58, $1.79 for the coffee and 69 cents tax for a grand total of $9.06.

-Don- Giddings, TX

Holy Smoke BBQ in Bishop, CA, and about 20 miles further south, Coppertop BBQ in Big Pine both have ribs.
Sounds like a good reason for me to take a motorcycle ride down there this spring or summer.

In the larger cities is where it has been difficult to buy cooked beef ribs from a BBQ place or any other restaurant. --for many years now.

Used to be easy, (more than 20 years ago) so I wonder what changed. What are they now doing with the beef ribs that make them so rare in restaurants in the more populated places? They used to be everywhere.

-Don- Giddings, TX

What are they now doing with the beef ribs that make them so rare in restaurants in the more populated places? They used to be everywhere.
You can get some here:

It is amazing just how expensive bones are these days.

I figure that is why they are not offered much at places to eat. They have to charge so much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom