What measurements for ordering a TT Cover? Any Recommendations where to buy it from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jfls45

I am needing to buy a cover for my TT. Do I include the hitch in the measurement for length and do I add for the rooftop AC Unit?

Any recommendations where to buy it? Amazon or another site online? I'm looking for medium quality.

I have a Coachmen Spirit of America 29QDS It has a rooftop AC

Last edited:
I am not favorable on RV covers as I have seen more than one that wind whipped the cover and damaged the finish on the RV. There are some here that do use them so probably one will be along before too long.

I am not favorable on RV covers as I have seen more than one that wind whipped the cover and damaged the finish on the RV. There are some here that do use them so probably one will be along before too long.
Well, i am interested in hearing more. The covers i'm looking at seem like theyre soft material. did the cover you used have eyelets? It wasn't a tarp was it? i'm a newbie and will take any advice

Don't bother with carcover.com Ours didn't last a year and their warranty isn't worth the paper it's not written on.šŸ˜ 

I am happy with the King Bird I believe I purchased on Amazon, in the middle of year 2. I went slightly bigger. I put an AC cover on first . I also used styrofoam I saved from packing that I used around roof protrusions such as the antenna and the tank vents to "flatten" the contact surface of the roof. I used tennis balls I cut Xs in over the drip spouts on the corners-tied a string between the two in front and two in back to hold them in place. I used a split water noodle and plastic tied it to the metal base of my steps that had potential sharp edges. I do not feel the King Bird caused any concern for the surface of our TT. Adjust the straps for a snug fit but not too snug -a recommendation I saw somewhere.

Don't bother with carcover.com Ours didn't last a year and their warranty isn't worth the paper it's not written on.šŸ˜ 
That is disappointing to hear as I bought one this fall. I seem to think it is superior to my previous one, and they have a lifetime warranty. Care to share?

OP: usually there is a range for sizes, and measure the box. Most all sites have measuring instructions. I will add, it is important to add swim noodles to sharp areas. I use blue painters tape and leave nothing sharp.

Well, i am interested in hearing more. The covers i'm looking at seem like theyre soft material. did the cover you used have eyelets? It wasn't a tarp was it? i'm a newbie and will take any advice
You should never use one of the blue tarps. They donā€™t breathe

That is disappointing to hear as I bought one this fall. I seem to think it is superior to my previous one, and they have a lifetime warranty. Care to share?

OP: usually there is a range for sizes, and measure the box. Most all sites have measuring instructions. I will add, it is important to add swim noodles to sharp areas. I use blue painters tape and leave nothing sharp.

Very happy to share, bought cover for our fifth wheel in October, fitted in November 2020 and ensured edges protected and secured.
Returned November 2021 to find the cover in shreds. Took pictures and submitted to carcover, they agreed to replace the cover but I had to pay $95 for shipping as only the cover was warranted.I said given the state of the cover, I didn't want to trust our fifth wheel to another of their covers and wanted a refund. They only offer a refund if they are notified within 30 days of purchase. Their lifetime warranty will only provide 1 replacement RV cover ( not sure how they class towables) and up to 3 car covers.
And yes, ours was their top spec cover, I have more pictures if anyone wants to see.

Attachments

• 1636841165704.jpg
    1636841165704.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1636841165712.jpg
    1636841165712.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 7
The picture of the front would appear that the cover parted at the horizontal seem. It didn't, the fabric ripped below the stitching. None of the stitching gave way anywhere, all the damage is fabric failure.

Wow, thanks for the pics. So far mine (4 months, cooler / cold climate) seems great. Maybe the summer sun? ( I do not leave mine covered through the summer). Hopefully I do not have the same experience, possible you got a really old fabric? My fabric looks different, maybe my 22' camper cover will be different? hope so. Sorry for your bad luck, I'll have a sour taste if I don't at least get 3 years.

Wow, thanks for the pics. So far mine (4 months, cooler / cold climate) seems great. Maybe the summer sun? ( I do not leave mine covered through the summer). Hopefully I do not have the same experience, possible you got a really old fabric? My fabric looks different, maybe my 22' camper cover will be different? hope so. Sorry for your bad luck, I'll have a sour taste if I don't at least get 3 years.
Ours was stored north of Seattle, so I doubt sun was the issue. They did say they had changed fabric this year, but wouldn't admit there was an issue with the original (so why change unless it's cheaper?)
The actual section covering the roof was still in good condition. Good luck with your cover. If anyone wants my replacement, drop me a pm and we'll agree a price.

I think because this is an older but in pretty decent shape TT, I'm going to avoid the cover for this winter anyway.

Attachments

• 20220109_081610.jpg
    20220109_081610.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom