What Motor Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davida

Hello All,
We are looking at coming across the pond to buy our new motor home, trouble is what.
We currently have a 2006 30 ft Gulfstream Sunvoyager with three slides, We are generally pleased with it but with the price of fuel in the UK we want to go back to a diesel engined coach. That gives us an issue with size. 32ft is the absolute maximum I would like to go to. Any bigger we start restricting the number of places we can go in Europe.
We also want to keep it in the States for a year before shipping it back home.
Our options seem quite limited especially with a maximum width limit of 100.4". Can anybody suggest any suitable coaches to consider.

Basically we require a coach with a decent build quality, diesel engined, no bigger than 32 ft long 100.4" wides and 2 or more slides. Would prefer new but low mileage second hand might be worth considering.
Any help gratefully received

Regards

Dave & Lynn

There are a number of 32 foot diesels available - just about every manufacturer has one in their range somewhere - but I don't know which, if any, might meet your 100.4 inch width criteria. Guess you'll just have to sort through the available models and check widths on each.

Thanks Gary,
I am struggling to see many 32 fters most manafacturers seem to start at 34 ft. Do you know of any plans being made for the FRED. Somebody told me that they had seen that GS where intending to bring out a 32 fter on the new FRED chassis.

Thanks

Dave

You may have to consider a Class C diesel such as the Bigfoot 4000 series to get a new 32 footer.  They are pretty nice - see Bigfoot 4000 diesel and Bigfoot 3000 diesel

Winnebago made their Journey model in a 32 footer for several years but it has been discontinued now. Excellent motorhome, but I don't recall any with more than two slides. Country Coach made their Intrigue in a 32 footer for awhile but that too has faded away.

Gulfstream is building the Crescendo model on the FRED chassis but it's 35-36 feet. They are also said to be building Sun Voyagers on FRED, but I don't see it on their website. Sun Voyagers come is lengths as short as 28 feet, so there might be something there for you IF GS builds it on FRED.  However, the shortest FRED chassis has a 228 inch wheelbase, so it doesn't lend itself to shorter coaches.

Tiffin Motorhomes has been developing a model on the FRED chassis, but it doesn't seem to be in production yet.

The American market always prefers things bigger and better, so shorter, narrower coaches are not big sellers.

davida said:
I am struggling to see many 32 fters most manafacturers seem to start at 34 ft.

Dave,

When the bedroom slide became popular, it put the 32ft diesel pusher out of the market.  Country Coach and Monaco extended the chassis to accomodate the bedroom slide and the length went up to 34ft.

You may be able to find and older 32 foot diesel pusher and have it refurbished to give you a "new" motorhome.

PhilB

Back
Top Bottom