What My MH Dreams of Being ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a high end Newell. I think they have replaced the Prevost as the higher priced units.  If I was going into that catagory I might, just might, consider the Marathon which is  a base Prevost.  Have 2 friends that have them    OHLALA

Chris, I and a couple of friends toured the Marathon plant last year and fell in love with one of the coaches on their lot. (80& of what they build is on spec and 20% is custom). But it was a bit more than we want to spend for part timing. OTOH if I could convince Chris to sell the boat ....

Attachments

• Marathon2.jpg
    Marathon2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 43
Tom  I've wanted to tour that plant for quite a while now.  I've seen the tour on Discovery Channel and also on the Travel Channel.  I couldn't believe the patience these people have and the technoligy they have.  Unbelieveable.  They had a 94 that had been refurbished that drove me crazy  something like 600K  Wow  what a unit.  They showed it coming in and going out.  I didn't think anything was wrong with it when it came in.  And the otwo they did for a Princeton Booster and his Buddy were out of this world.  Sure got my attention.  If I bought something like that,  The Boss wouldn't put bumps on my noggin,  She'd leave me in Amarillo with a tag around my neck saying  Ship this sucker to the Everglades cause the gators need to be fed.  So I just admire those Marathons. Safer that way.

Shayne,

The spec model we liked had an MSRP of $1.6M, but we could have bought it for something like $1.16M. The custom models go up from there.

The tour is fascinating, quite different from the higher-volume Monaco plants (one Monaco plant is right across the street from Marathon in Coburg, OR). What blew my mind was the 16-18 coats of paint. If a coach has a gold stripe, the entire coach is painted gold. Same goes for any other stripe. Sure enough, we saw an all-gold coach fresh out of the oven.

Yes  thats what the showed in the program.    Those are way out of my league unless the lottery would fall in my lap.  That's not likely to happen cause I'd have to buy a ticket and the Boss doen't dish out $1 too often/

Realistically, it's out of our league also Shayne.

Shayne

We went on that tour with John Maguire, be advised that they have an AMD (Automatic Money Detector) built into the entrance...If you don't have enough you get the secretary to give you the tour instead of a salesman...WORST tour I have ever been on.

That wasn't our experience Terry. We walked into the lobby, said we'd "like to see some coaches" and they got one of their seasoned sales guys. I explained several times that we were only tire kicking, but he spent quite a bit of time showing us coaches before asking if we'd like to tour the factory. He was again thorough with the tour and, when we were done, gave us (2 couples) 50% off discount coupons for Pacific Shores Resort (Marathon used to have their own sites there, but I think they sold them).

Obviously, the factory tour wasn't a technical one, but was good enough for us to gain an appreciation of how Marathon makes their coaches.

Heck Terry any tour would be worth going on with an eye appealing secretary, instead of an old cigar smoking hairy leg.  Shucks  I might even ask for a repeat tour.  Oh  here comes those lumps to the noggin again.

Shayne said:
Heck Terry any tour would be worth going on with an eye appealing secretary, instead of an old cigar smoking hairy leg.  Shucks  I might even ask for a repeat tour.  Oh  here comes those lumps to the noggin again.

Boy, you are a SLOW learner!!    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

Liz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom