What NOT to do at a campground ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The area around hydrants is usually marked as no parking. Why would trucks be parking there?

The "Street View" of the location listed above kind of tells its own story, doesn't it....lol. Spot the hydrant!

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 9.19.57 AM.png

The area around hydrants is usually marked as no parking. Why would trucks be parking there?
They weren't parking there. We never could figure out how the hell they were hitting it. The road is straight as an arrow and that particular section is only two blocks long with the hydrant in the center. You would have to be totally wasted and running empty to get the kind of speed up to knock that thing as far as we saw it knocked each time in the space of one city block with a truck heavy enough to take it out and keep on rolling like nothing happened.

They weren't parking there. We never could figure out how the hell they were hitting it. The road is straight as an arrow and that particular section is only two blocks long with the hydrant in the center. You would have to be totally wasted and running empty to get the kind of speed up to knock that thing as far as we saw it knocked each time in the space of one city block with a truck heavy enough to take it out and keep on rolling like nothing happened.
Ok, as I said before, Jersey barriers...

Last edited:
Many years ago we stayed at a CG with a recessed water shutoff valve. I asked to change sites because someone had used it for a sewer drain:eek:
How did they manage that without anyone seeing it before the next guest arrived?

Many years ago we stayed at a CG with a recessed water shutoff valve. I asked to change sites because someone had used it for a sewer drain:eek:
We stay at a place that only has some sites with FHU. I was dumping the tanks and the campground Honey Truck was in the next station. We we BSing and he said that several years before someone did the same but used the neighbors water shut off valve.

As the campground rented from Forest Service, they got involved. The bill to the clown was around $20,000. Pays to know where you stick your hose.

RRR, I see what you did there; "where to stick your nose".:poop:

Yea, when environmental violations mix with a government entity, it gets expensive quickly. The old saying "ignorance is no excuse" applies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom