What not to do to any vehicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not understanding this, at all. How and why do you hook a fuel line into a container of gas? Why not pour the gas into the tank?

I doubt 2 gallons of gas in a large tank would work well with hills. I had a car low on fuel that stalled out in a parking lot and started when I coasted back level. Made it 2 blocks to the gas station.

I had an old '61 F-100. Ran out of gas one time and had to pull off the road at a place with a really sloped shoulder. Had to add over 5 gallons of gas to get the level in the tank to reach the pickup tube. Wouldn't have been so bad, except I only had a 2 gallon can, which meant 3 trips to the gas station.

I had an old '61 F-100. Ran out of gas one time and had to pull off the road at a place with a really sloped shoulder. Had to add over 5 gallons of gas to get the level in the tank to reach the pickup tube. Wouldn't have been so bad, except I only had a 2 gallon can, which meant 3 trips to the gas station.
I’ll bet you never ran out again.

The gauge worked, I knew it was getting close, and I was headed to the gas station when it ran out.
But, you're right, that was the first and last time it ever happened in that truck.

Funny, that truck was part of everything we sold when we went full time and I miss it more than any of the rest, even my old Shovelhead. By the time I got done that truck had a 302/C6 drivetrain, power disc brakes, power steering, and a completely rebuilt suspension. Even the heater worked.

Update - after talking with several people in the community, it seems that this motorhome had been an eyesore in the community for a long time, after several attempts to evict them for living conditions mgmt was finally able to get them to move the motorhome. From my understanding it may not have been equipped with a gas tank. It seems it was one of those that most people would feel "its better for everyone if it ever burns". And it did in this case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom