What options do I have at 6'5?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The stove is going to be a problem. A lot of RVers just skip them entirely and live with a convection oven. I do have a stove and oven, but my old work friends refer to it as an EasyBake oven because it is so small. I also like to cook, so have learned to adapt to the small size, but I will warn you that these RV ovens are horrible because they have only heat coming from the bottom--which of course means my banana nut bread is undone on the top and overcooked on the bottom, even though I have put several tiles on the bottom rack to make the heat more even. (I have learned to slice off the bottom and cook at a lower temperature, but it still isn't right.)

Maybe a larger convection oven would be better, but I tend to be old-fashioned, so have never tried one. ANd maybe the more expensive As or bigger 5th wheels have better ovens than mine!

The problem with your list is that it assumes you are living in a house, not a vehicle that you can drive or pull. You can get a big refrigerator, but there is just not enough space in even the biggest RV for all the things you want, so you need to prioritize. I think the bed and ceiling height are going to be critical, but maybe you can live with getting not quite what you want in the other things.

You mention traveling only 3-4 times a year. If that is the case, the 5th wheel would be better because a motorhome does not do well if it just sits for months and weeks without using it.

Off the wall suggestion. Goose neck Horse trailer with living quarters. Put a good sized array of solar panels on the roof and a good sized lithium battery bank in it. Get one with large living quarters and only two horse stalls which you add side shelves to for storage of essential items and you have room for a motorcycle, ebikes, etc.,

LQHT tend to have large bathrooms with large showers, very high ceilings. The only limited area is the bed itself. Very expensive but aluminum and durable.

Charles

Sorry but at 5 or 6 mpg a diesel pusher is way more expensive than my f350 pulling my 47 ft 20000lb 5er. I average 8.8mpg pulling and 11 to 15 mpg when not. And im not putting wear and tear on a toad. I have a full size queen, and my "big" truck is a Cadillac to drive -with or without my 5er hooked up. The biggest advantage of a diesel pusher is storage, a diesel pusher had way way more storage under the cabin area
I give you a suggestion that meets all your requirements and you think 1-2 mpg mileage is a deal breaker? I got 7.1 average for 11620 miles last year. My CR-V toad got right at 30.5. Explain to me how you are not putting more wear and tear on your truck because you have to drive it any time you go any ware. I will bet my MADP drives and handles wind and passing trucks better than your truck and trailer. You should try comfort drive.
But have fun.
Billl

I give you a suggestion that meets all your requirements and you think 1-2 mpg mileage is a deal breaker? I got 7.1 average for 11620 miles last year. My CR-V toad got right at 30.5. Explain to me how you are not putting more wear and tear on your truck because you have to drive it any time you go any ware. I will bet my MADP drives and handles wind and passing trucks better than your truck and trailer. You should try comfort drive.
But have fun.
Billl
Whoa slow down my point is your toad while being pulled is still putting wear and tear on. Your bus handles the SAME no better or worse in wind. And i can back up without unhooking my "toad" to each their own. Ive owned and driven more class A,B,C s travel trailers and 5ers than you have fingers and toes FOR ME , my 5er fits the bill. Will i ever go back to a motorhome ?????? To each their own. The POSTER was asking about TTs and 5ers NOT Motorhomes and i am much more comfortable driving around my f350 dually than i would be in some tiny Crv death trap or my Lambo in a strange city and a lot of motorhomes car combos get real expensive when a bus is bangin on the doors of 1/2 of a mill or more

Last edited:
But have fun.
Billl
Whoa slow down my point is your toad while being pulled is still putting wear and tear on. Your bus handles the SAME no better or worse in wind. And i can back up without unhooking my "toad" to each there own. Ive owned and driven more class A,B,C s travel trailers and 5ers than you have fingers and toes FOR ME , my 5er fits the bill. Will i ever go back to a motorhome ?????? To each their own and i am much more comfortable driving my f350 dually in a strange city than i would be in some tiny CRV or my Lambo

Check into Montana and Montana High Country fifth wheels. You'll have plenty of head room and meet everything on your list:

Go to a RV show. Tis the season, and you will be showered with what is available. Good luck, I'm 6'3" and feel your pain, my travel trailer has a ceiling taller than most, it's the shorter than usual bed that is my dislike. Be sure to lay in the bed, sit on the toilet, stand in the shower, sit at the table, etc, these things are not made for those of us over 6'. As always, there will be trade offs. Good luck.

For me at 5' 7" to give advice to someone 6' 5" tall seems to be quite a stretch! ;)

I did some research but all of the good suggestions seem to be just out of reach!

Back
Top Bottom