What size 5th wheel should I looking at

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mary

I have a 2005 Ford F 350 6.0 Diesel crew cab short bed. I am looking at a couple of 29/30 Footer's and was wondering if I can tow this size comfortably. I live in Florida and most of my travels will be on flat land.

I am looking at two different trailers and would like an opinion on quality. 2002 coachman Somerset, nice w/rear kitchen, two slides, awnings over slides, 15,500 ac, lg frig. New condition.  Or Challenger with similar options.  The Challenger is new and about $8,000 more than the Coachman.

This is allot of $$ to spend and I really are not familiar with these 5th Wheels.  Both of these units have fiberglas and both have allum frames.

Thanks

I tow a 31 ft Alpenlite (15000 lbs Max GW) with a 2005 F350 6.0 single rear wheel (SRW) extended cab long bed. All weights are well within limits with this tow vehicle (TV) and it pulls like a dream here in Florida and also in the big mountains. Seems like you should be OK with the rigs you are considering. With the short bed you will probably need a slider hitch.

I never have been excited about the quality of Coachmen's products.

If I'm not mistaken, Challenger is made by Keystone, who also makes the Everest (37' 364Q) I have. I have absolutely no reservations about their products. If you stick with the sizes you mentioned, you should have no problems, but with the short bed, you will need a slider hitch to keep the trailer from becomming too friendly with your truck when you back up. Go to the Keystone web site, and it will give you just about all you need to know about the trailers.  www.keystonerv.com

Good luck in your search for a 5W.

Larry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom