What size is my fuel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyShipc

I'm trying to use RV Trip Wizard, and before I can start a trip they want specifications on my rig, and of course it's not at my home so I can't check some info. Can I assume that my 2001 24' class c with a Ford E350 chassis is built on an E Super Duty chassis? I ask bc I need to know the capacity of the fuel tank, and the super Duty has a much larger tank than the others. 55 gals as opposed to 35 or 37 in the other models. My manuals are all in my RV.

I am not sure if your manual would help with that as it might list all of the sizes. I wonder if you called a Ford dealership with your VIN they could tell you.

I think that is much better than my other suggestion and that is to get it home, drive it until it runs out, have it towed to a fuel station and whatever it takes is how big your tank is.

My guess is that gas tank is anything but a rectangle or a cube. They're molded to fit the available shape of the frame and you'd be hard pressed short of 3D modeling to determine volume by external dimensions.
I feel the OP's pain, sometimes I want a detail in the documentation and I don't feel like walking outside to my RV in the yard to get it, much less if it was stored offsite. I ended up spending quality time with a document scanner and created a pdf of my manual, and a copy resides on a thumb drive on my keyring. I've also gotten into the habit of taking a photo of instruction sheets or datasheet pages with my phone and saving them in an "RV" gallery in photos, sometimes that's all the info you need to solve a problem.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

If you have your VIN. Enter it online. Many sites give the specs

Mark, true for newer stuff, but a lot of older truck / van gas tanks are mostly rectangular, possibly with rounded off corners. I know the one on my coach is, but of course it is a class A not a class C

Patty, if you have an actual model number for your mini-motorhome, specs for it can probably be found on the web, but your description in your signature matches a lot of different models of varying lengths.

If you can get ahold of a sales brochure it should have the tank size.

My 2006, E350 Super Duty 24" Winnebago C has a 55 gal tank. Some E350s have 35 gal. Put in 55 or 35 it will only change your trip gas stops.

Most E350 chassis' have 40 gal tanks. Though, for RV Trip wizard purpose, I would use 3/4 of a tank (30) to figure tank distance. that keeps you on a safe margin of error.

Jayco is still an active company,, you should be able to contact them with your vary individual VIN number and get the exact info you need..>>>Dan

Last edited:
WOW many bad i dears for instant my 99 e 450 was shipped out with a cut away with just a cab no gas tank frame was added on by factory by about 6 ft. the tank fuel added 55 gals,gray 45 black 45,fresh 40 gals none were in vin. Just what company build sheet glued under sink cabinet door . By Fleetwood

Back
Top Bottom